New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
I've been volunteering the Millburn PD dispatch feed for the last 5 years or so. I've never really been that active of a listener, so it wasn't until yesterday when I got a trouble report that I noticed there was no audio on it. I saw last night that they migrated to the NJICS P25 system and was going to set up my scanner to monitor the new system. I saw this thread on the main Radioreference site and read a few pages back that Millburn PD was now full time encrypted.

That's disappointing. I've been told be a few MPD officers over the years that they listen to my feed on their way to a shift or after to see what's happening. Guess those days are over.

So it's confirmed that Millburn is now full time E?

Thanks,
John
Please ask A Millburn PD Officer why they felt the need for FULL TIME E on Dispatch

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Please ask A Millburn PD Officer why they felt the need for FULL TIME E on Dispatch
The average cop doesn't know and doesn't care. All he cares is that his radio works when he turns it on, and that someone hears him when he presses the big button to talk.

I think that perhaps it's time to stop bellyaching every single time an agency or talkgroup goes encrypted. Posting the same thing over and over again is becoming tiresome for many reading these threads looking for actual information.

fonsecaj

Premium Subscriber
I think that perhaps it's time to stop bellyaching every single time an agency or talkgroup goes encrypted. Posting the same thing over and over again is becoming tiresome for many reading these threads looking for actual information.

Roger roger. I was only asking because it related to the functioning of the feed I was providing. I’ve already moved on and repurposed the MOTU 624 I was using as an interface/DSP. Turns out that thing makes a pretty nice DAC/headphone amp. Hobby giveth, hobby taketh away.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I’ve sat at tables with some of the highest level of administrators (Sheriff’s, Chiefs, system admins, etc). The system admins do what the others say because at the end of the day, that’s the boss. I can tell a boss a hundred times why dispatch should remain clear and how simple it is to change a channel to an encrypted one with the simple flip of a knob. At the end of the day, it’s their call. You have PD’s that don’t even share their key with neighboring PD’s. You have towns that won’t switch to a trunked system because the County won’t let them unless the County dispatches them. And then they cry they can’t talk to each other in meetings. I’ve literally said, let them switch and maintain their own dispatch only to hear grown men argue. Not kidding.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Roger roger. I was only asking because it related to the functioning of the feed I was providing. I’ve already moved on and repurposed the MOTU 624 I was using as an interface/DSP. Turns out that thing makes a pretty nice DAC/headphone amp. Hobby giveth, hobby taketh away.
No worries, my post was not directed towards you at all. You're asking because you were providing the feed, and unlike others, you obviously have not had a history of making the same repetitive comments over and over again each time encryption is mentioned.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
if i want to monitor the Newark fire depart, Belleve, Elisabeth, Linden Fire departments only what sites should i leave programmed in on my sds 100, im using proscan to program the system.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Radio ID 2003XXX is Cranford, maybe going the same route as several other UC towns Ch1 and 2 clear and ch3 detectives secure

Fire Department testing. Union County is slowly achieving its goal of getting all county Fire Departments on the NJICS. As far as I was aware, 6095-6099 are REMU talkgroups and Cranford Police, when (and if at this point) they go, should end up in the 49xx range. Nosoup4u I believe has a list of all the possible REMU groups.

Last edited:

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
Fire Department testing. Union County is slowly achieving its goal of getting all county Fire Departments on the NJICS. As far as I was aware, 6095-6099 are REMU talkgroups and Cranford Police, when (and if at this point) they go, should end up in the 49xx range. Nosoup4u I believe has a list of all the possible REMU groups.
6095 is a rebroadcast of Cranford PD current dispatch channel

Status
Not open for further replies.