New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icnsltmfg

I wonder what changes will happen when MONOC shuts down in April as they cover a fair amount of territory both in the North and South...

TG 4811 was very active last night. All the units are 20x units, and they were talking about using the new radios. RIDs were 2492003, 2492005, 2492007, 2492011, and 2492013.
Most traffic involves a 10-7 at a post #, followed by that unit saying they're 10-8 some time later. I guess 10-8 means clear?

There was also a call for an interior motion alarm at "the storehouse", talk about logging in to view camera screens, talk about opening a gate, a request for a unit to do a mail run, and this morning the chief exchanged radio checks with all the units.

Based on this information, and the fact that this TG appears to be constantly active on the Ramapo site, I'm beginning to think that I'm hearing the North Jersey District Water Supply Commission Security Patrols. Of course, this could easily be another agency as I've only been monitoring this for a 24 hour period, so I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts. Does anyone here know if the NJDWSC security traffic on lowband sounded like what I'm hearing?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Don’t know if anything ever came of this, or was supposed to, but in 2018 Clark made it official they would join NJICS.

I accidentally just tripped across something on my laptop in reference to this while cleaning up old files. This was Clark Township Resolution 18-57, passed on March 19, 2018 unanimously. The resolution affirmed and commanded the submission of a user agreement proposal to the County (because of the complicated arrangement with the Union County site not being State owned). I don't know if that helps at all for your search for an agreement document NParkNJ.

Last edited:

NParkNJ

On the Road
TG 4811 was very active last night. All the units are 20x units, and they were talking about using the new radios. RIDs were 2492003, 2492005, 2492007, 2492011, and 2492013.
Most traffic involves a 10-7 at a post #, followed by that unit saying they're 10-8 some time later. I guess 10-8 means clear?

There was also a call for an interior motion alarm at "the storehouse", talk about logging in to view camera screens, talk about opening a gate, a request for a unit to do a mail run, and this morning the chief exchanged radio checks with all the units.

Based on this information, and the fact that this TG appears to be constantly active on the Ramapo site, I'm beginning to think that I'm hearing the North Jersey District Water Supply Commission Security Patrols. Of course, this could easily be another agency as I've only been monitoring this for a 24 hour period, so I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts. Does anyone here know if the NJDWSC security traffic on lowband sounded like what I'm hearing?

Interesting! Did they mention posts or anything in the Ringwood/Wanaque area?

I will say that doesn’t sound like PCSO, those 10 codes don’t line up.

But alot of local agencies in the immediate area use 10-7/10-8(Ringwood, West Milford, Oakland, Pompton, etc. the whole area). Next time I drive by the water commission I’ll see if they have anything other than lowband antennas on the car.

Could be them, I’ve seen units with 20# and 21#. So it does fit nicely.

The only others with 20# is Ringwood. And thats a few select cars. Most are in the 21# place. No other immediate agencies have 2# as unit/car numbers. But Water commission certainly does.

Interesting! Did they mention posts or anything in the Ringwood/Wanaque area?

I will say that doesn’t sound like PCSO, those 10 codes don’t line up.

But alot of local agencies in the immediate area use 10-7/10-8(Ringwood, West Milford, Oakland, Pompton, etc. the whole area). Next time I drive by the water commission I’ll see if they have anything other than lowband antennas on the car.

Could be them, I’ve seen units with 20# and 21#. So it does fit nicely.

The only others with 20# is Ringwood. And thats a few select cars. Most are in the 21# place. No other immediate agencies have 2# as unit/car numbers. But Water commission certainly does.
No, they didn't state the location of the posts. They did mention the radio not working when they were down in Belleville, however.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I updated the NJICS Wiki's Site page. It was missing the New Brunswick Simulcast. I also added notes about the future Mercer, Passaic, and Sussex Simulcasts. As well as denoting the future realignment of the Hunterdon Simulcast.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Do we have an updated status of any kind on the status of these future planned sites?

Hamilton (future Mercer Simulcast)
Paterson (future Passaic Simulcast)
West Milford (future Passaic Simulcast)

---------------------

Future Sites With Known Status:
Hardyston (future Sussex Simulcast); Partially installed awaiting major components
Newfoundland (future Passaic Simulcast); Fully-Installed but offline

Last edited:

NParkNJ

On the Road
Do we have an updated status of any kind on the status of these future planned sites?

Hamilton (future Mercer Simulcast)
Paterson (future Passaic Simulcast)
West Milford (future Passaic Simulcast)

---------------------

Future Sites With Known Status:
Hardyston (future Sussex Simulcast); Partially installed awaiting major components
Newfoundland (future Passaic Simulcast); Fully-Installed but offline

Ditch, I may be mistaking, but isn’t Garett Mountain being taken from West Orange, for Passaic County Simulcast, or were you already implying that?

Nick

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Ditch, I may be mistaking, but isn’t Garett Mountain being taken from West Orange, for Passaic County Simulcast, or were you already implying that?

Nick

That was one of the reasons I was asking. I had seen mixed information about whether Garrett Mountain would be realigned from the West Orange Simulcast, or whether an additional site would just be put up on the same tower. A clarification would be great to figure out the status of the build-out.

bunangst

I updated the NJICS Wiki's Site page. It was missing the New Brunswick Simulcast. I also added notes about the future Mercer, Passaic, and Sussex Simulcasts. As well as denoting the future realignment of the Hunterdon Simulcast.

If someone is making updates to the Wiki (I have no experience doing it).
Montana Mountain is listed as Lopatcong Township which is incorrect. The tower is located in Harmony Township

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if a Bergen County Simulcast is on the drawing board? Am I correct; only 2 sites now in Bergen - Alpine and Met Life Stadium?

I haven't seen anything, but others probably know more than I. As to other sites, the West Orange Simulcast reaches deep into Bergen County.

I haven't seen anything, but others probably know more than I. As to other sites, the West Orange Simulcast reaches deep into Bergen County.
The West Orange Simulcast does NOT provide the same quality of in building coverage in most areas of Bergen County that most (if not all) agencies in Essex County experience from the NJICS. An additional site or sites are needed to serve areas north of Route 4 and west of the Garden State Parkway and in areas along the Palisades south of Tenafly. A higher antenna at Alpine would also be beneficial.

The West Orange Simulcast does NOT provide the same quality of in building coverage in most areas of Bergen County that most (if not all) agencies in Essex County experience from the NJICS. An additional site or sites are needed to serve areas north of Route 4 and west of the Garden State Parkway and in areas along the Palisades south of Tenafly. A higher antenna at Alpine would also be beneficial.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber

In building and west of the GSP I defer to you, I have no idea. But it does reach all the way to the state line on the GSP, or at least it did the last I drove home and back to work, and while I was home for the holidays. I had a solid lock on it on my G5 without a problem.

CqDx

Seems like there was a board item by NJDWSC back in April 2018 for the purchase of radio equipment to operate on the state network. I heard them on the air today again (they don't seem to be active every day?)

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Seems like there was a board item by NJDWSC back in April 2018 for the purchase of radio equipment to operate on the state network. I heard them on the air today again (they don't seem to be active every day?)

View attachment 80720

Just a break out of the current 249xxxx radio assignments

2490xxx - Atlantic EMS
2491xxx - Medevac's (Jeffstat and Hackensack Helicopters)
2492xxx - NJDWSC
2493xxx - TBD

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I accidentally just tripped across something on my laptop in reference to this while cleaning up old files. This was Clark Township Resolution 18-57, passed on March 19, 2018 unanimously. The resolution affirmed and commanded the submission of a user agreement proposal to the County (because of the complicated arrangement with the Union County site not being State owned). I don't know if that helps at all for your search for an agreement document NParkNJ.

View attachment 80359
And other than digital PD channel, no NJICS there.

Status
Not open for further replies.