New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
This is not intended to start a debate, and is in compliance with the forum rules. So PLEASE don't reply to this post if you're going to go on a rant beating a dead horse about an agency's communications policy choices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After speaking with several people, it's become apparent there aren't really any plans to move Newark and Irvington units off of REMCS-2 Ops and back into the clear. It appears that it may be a permanent change to keep them there encrypted. So should we consider possibly updating the database to reflect only South Orange units on REMCS-1 Dispatch Mode T, and Newark/Irvington units on REMCS-2 Dispatch Mode TE (updated Ops to Dispatch)?

ansky

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if anything is going on down the Shore tonight, or maybe I'm just oblivious, but this patch is up right now.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Anyone seeing this? Getting Hillside PD dispatch coming in on Ramapo?? I’m shocked they’re on Ramapo even, figured they’d get denied.

Tac-1

I think they have a roaming option for NJICS, roam or just local sites, the yhave an officer who lives in the ramapo site area who took his radio home

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I think they have a roaming option for NJICS, roam or just local sites, the yhave an officer who lives in the ramapo site area who took his radio home

I believe they were doing a transport to/from Oakland last night on a felony warrant. But I wasn't paying close enough attention. Either way, even with roaming permitted the radio would have to be authorized to roam to that site (correct me if I'm wrong GTR or APX). It is odd, because as far as I'm aware, that's the first time anyone has noticed that for Ramapo for a municipal Union County TG. Could be wrong.

ansky

The problem is that information can change moment to moment based on what radio has affiliated to a given site while operating on a given talkgroup.

Yes I understand that. There are always going to be outliers. But what I was looking for is some type of list as to what can *usually* be heard on any given site or simulcast. For example, Newark FD can pretty much always be heard on the West Orange and Union County simulcasts. For sites like Randolph or Bordentown so I would want to know what agencies are usually heard on these sites. We can use the 80/20 rule (who can be heard on the different sites 80% or more of the time?)

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
A couple of observations from today:

-No changes to the STR-II (21) in New Prov.
-No sign of alterations or additions at Circleview.
-No sign of alterations or additions at MIRS Long Hill Road.
-Area cleared and leveled behind Summit Medical Group just big enough for a tower site. (1 Diamond Hill Rd.)
-Penn Station NAC, peers, and any additional frequencies needed.

I took a ride past Penn Station and even got a quick parking space to run Unitrunker but it's evident that the system is engineered to operate only within the confines of Penn. I didn't get a single frame of data from either frequency. So if anybody is taking the train any time soon...

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Some RID's for @nosoup4u from tonight's medevac radio check:

17217.............SouthSTAR Base
26946.............REMCS Medevac Console
36380.............JeffSTAT-1 Base
1620040........Hackensack-2 Base
1620041........Hackensack-2 Base
3000501........LifeFlight Base

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
A couple of observations from today:

-No changes to the STR-II (21) in New Prov.
-No sign of alterations or additions at Circleview.
-No sign of alterations or additions at MIRS Long Hill Road.
-Area cleared and leveled behind Summit Medical Group just big enough for a tower site. (1 Diamond Hill Rd.)
-Penn Station NAC, peers, and any additional frequencies needed.

I took a ride past Penn Station and even got a quick parking space to run Unitrunker but it's evident that the system is engineered to operate only within the confines of Penn. I didn't get a single frame of data from either frequency. So if anybody is taking the train any time soon...
PSNY is for underground use only for 7th Ave concourse. NJTPD uses it primarily. But could be used if anyone else should wonder to PSNY.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Some RID's for @nosoup4u from tonight's medevac radio check:

17217.............SouthSTAR Base
26946.............REMCS Medevac Console
36380.............JeffSTAT-1 Base
1620040........Hackensack-2 Base
1620041........Hackensack-2 Base
3000501........LifeFlight Base

Thanks for that.

Between the 2 Unitrunker files I received, I have almost 4000 ID's that I am slowly adding into my system. If all goes as planned I will be running it on Bordentown for a few days next week as well.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that.

Between the 2 Unitrunker files I received, I have almost 4000 ID's that I am slowly adding into my system. If all goes as planned I will be running it on Bordentown for a few days next week as well.

I'm actually working on using a combination of the radio and ADS-B to nail down RID's to the exact helo tail number for the medevac it is associated to. It's been pretty successful. The daily radio checks have helped a lot. I'll pass it on to you as I get further along. I'll also have an additional Unitrunker.XML upload for you by Friday. It hasn't been running without interruption like I had planned, but it should help.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I'm actually working on using a combination of the radio and ADS-B to nail down RID's to the exact helo tail number for the medevac it is associated to. It's been pretty successful. The daily radio checks have helped a lot. I'll pass it on to you as I get further along. I'll also have an additional Unitrunker.XML upload for you by Friday. It hasn't been running without interruption like I had planned, but it should help.

I have been doing the same thing over the years because sometimes they swap Helicopters around. If you look through my list you will see I have a bunch tagged already.

Status
Not open for further replies.