New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Complaining about encryption or the possibility of encryption is highly discouraged on these forums, as you have painfully made me aware of in the past.

Let's just say that there are several of us here that use talkgroups that are not currently strapped to encryption. If you want to listen because we choose not to strap it, then enjoy. But when you start posting things that are a little too specific, we can easily flip that switch (or just strap it) and you'll never enjoy some of those things. Most of us here that have that ability are also hobbyists and we fight with the brass all the time about keeping things clear. But don't make our fight more difficult. Thats all.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
WQOM626 Union County (3) site (7) simulcast modified. Licensed now on
Base Frequency (MHz) 771.09375 772.29375 773.66875.

I will put UT on this from time to time.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
For those within the coverage area of the following sites, can you please check the Site NAC to see if there have been any changes? Thanks.

Site #​
Site Name​
Control Ch​
Last Known NAC​
1​
West Orange​
774.78125​
390​
3​
Bordentown​
770.94375​
394​
7​
Union County​
774.68125​
394​
8​
New Brunswick​
774.79375​
390​
21​
STR-2 (New Providence)​
774.60625​
390​
29​
Penn Station​
856.7125​
390​

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I have not been on NJICS for a bit. Just getting back up to speed (no pun). Notice way more B2-5 on Site 7 & Site 8. Seems full time. Also notice Totowa dispatcher directing Perryville Patrols calls, all the way out to the Turnpike. What happened to Somerville ? Perhaps just a training day? Txs.

asnhnetwork

I have not been on NJICS for a bit. Just getting back up to speed (no pun). Notice way more B2-5 on Site 7 & Site 8. Seems full time. Also notice Totowa dispatcher directing Perryville Patrols calls, all the way out to the Turnpike. What happened to Somerville ? Perhaps just a training day? Txs.
Not sure if related but this past week B Troop has been having severe radio issues. Numerous units reporting dead spots or losing trunking and roaming over to fail soft. Troop B would pick up some units on backup consoles only. Radio repair has also been heard testing newly programmed radios.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Figured I would add to this thread since this is sort of NJICS related..

Has anyone confirmed any Norfolk Southern or Amtrak Police talkgroups on the system? I know they are both primary on VHF NXDN (in PA anyway) but I understood them to have NJICS access as well.

I know 4501 has been reported as some sort of Railroad Police Common.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone confirmed any Norfolk Southern or Amtrak Police talkgroups on the system? I know they are both primary on VHF NXDN (in PA anyway) but I understood them to have NJICS access as well.

Yes. On what talkgroups, no clue. For primary comms, NS Police has their own one channel networked encrypted NXDN system, and Amtrak PD still use VHF.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It appears that Troop B Sussex patrols have cut over to their new APX radios and are now operating primarily on the NJICS system. I'm not sure exactly when this occurred, I hadn't really been paying much attention until I noticed how clear everyone's audio was tonight.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
It appears that Troop B Sussex patrols have cut over to their new APX radios and are now operating primarily on the NJICS system. I'm not sure exactly when this occurred, I hadn't really been paying much attention until I noticed how clear everyone's audio was tonight.
Listened to TG 35696 on 800 side. RF coverage talk in from ICS Sussex sounds good. Not seeing 2231 on Site 7 or Site 1. Up to Bear County sometime this weekend. I will take a listen to the various sites up that way.

Anything sites accessible need to be looked at?

I suspect B2-5 largely cutover to ICS. Sites 1, 2, 7, 8, 28 all carrying B2-5 pretty much continuously.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Listened to TG 35696 on 800 side. RF coverage talk in from ICS Sussex sounds good. Not seeing 2231 on Site 7 or Site 1. Up to Bear County sometime this weekend. I will take a listen to the various sites up that way.

Anything sites accessible need to be looked at?

I suspect B2-5 largely cutover to ICS. Sites 1, 2, 7, 8, 28 all carrying B2-5 pretty much continuously.
Having Sussex patrols come up on the West Orange or Union County cells would be a pretty big waste of resources. The 2-Comm Sussex talkgroup can be heard primarily on Walpack and High Point, and at times on Bowling Green and Netcong, depending on affiliations of course.

I'm not sure what makes you think that 5-Comm Perryville/Somerville has cut over to NJICS. I'm listening to their talkgroup right now, and it's still nearly all analog subscribers, which indicates that they're still operating on the SmartZone system primarily. Hearing their traffic on the NJICS simply means that there are radios affiliated at various sites, causing them to carry the traffic.

Is 2235 going to APX too?
All of the NJSP will eventually use APX radios, they have been rolling them out for a while now.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber

Maybe now we'll get some movement on the Sussex Simulcast.

Site 60 should be included in that unless something has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.