New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Fanwood Fire has moved off UHF and onto NJICS. Dispatch on UC Fire Disp TG 4443 and response is on UC FG 3 , Fanwood response TG 4623. You have the DB thanks for referring.
@RadioDitch.🐕🤣

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Fanwood Fire has moved off UHF and onto NJICS. Dispatch on UC Fire Disp TG 4443 and response now on UC FG 3 is now Fanwood response TG 4623. You have the DB thanks for referring @RadioDitch.🐕🤣

(Frustrated walk of shame here...)

I got it. Ugh...

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I had a long chat at a July 4th parade w Trooper from Perryville Barracks.

They have switched to 700 NJICS and have new radios.

MFD2

r60, the NJSP is in the process of leaving the 800 system and just will be on the NJICS?

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
r60, the NJSP is in the process of leaving the 800 system and just will be on the NJICS?
Thats the plan. They are building an upgraded 7.X system that will merge with the existing 7.1 and eventually the 4.1 system will fade away, then the 7.1 will be history. Amazing that the 4.1 system is still active considering how old it is...

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ed, just to clarify...is MSI building them a brand new core that will eventually replace the existing 7.x core?

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Ed, just to clarify...is MSI building them a brand new core that will eventually replace the existing 7.x core?
Thats the plan. Both the 4.1 and 7.X are pretty much done but they need to update the cores and then migrate the sites over and the end users. Not sure of the who is migrating when...4.1 going to the new core or existing 7.X going to the new core...Still waiting on when Harmburg (Hardyston) is going to be started. I think thats probably going on the new core. No need to build it on the old cores and then have to migrate later.

erbo7761

I had a long chat at a July 4th parade w Trooper from Perryville Barracks.

They have switched to 700 NJICS and have new radios.
All SP radios have both 4.1 and 7.1 system in them. SP is still operating on 4.1 at the moment until the switch next year.

erbo7761

Having Sussex patrols come up on the West Orange or Union County cells would be a pretty big waste of resources. The 2-Comm Sussex talkgroup can be heard primarily on Walpack and High Point, and at times on Bowling Green and Netcong, depending on affiliations of course.

I'm not sure what makes you think that 5-Comm Perryville/Somerville has cut over to NJICS. I'm listening to their talkgroup right now, and it's still nearly all analog subscribers, which indicates that they're still operating on the SmartZone system primarily. Hearing their traffic on the NJICS simply means that there are radios affiliated at various sites, causing them to carry the traffic.
From what I understand, if no radio is monitoring a channel on a certain site then it will not broadcast on that site. i.e. If a radio is on 2-Comm Sussex while on Netcong Site, the channel will broadcast. If there are no radios on Netcong looking for 2-Comm, then it will not broadcast on that site. If this has been brought up before then I apologize.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
All SP radios have both 4.1 and 7.1 system in them. SP is still operating on 4.1 at the moment until the switch next year.
While the SP talkgroups are still active on the 4.x system, the fact is that some barracks have already migrated to the 7.x system as primary. Sussex is one such case, where 99% of their subscribers are affiliated with the 7.x system, cutting over in mid-May as I previous documented in this thread.

From what I understand, if no radio is monitoring a channel on a certain site then it will not broadcast on that site. i.e. If a radio is on 2-Comm Sussex while on Netcong Site, the channel will broadcast. If there are no radios on Netcong looking for 2-Comm, then it will not broadcast on that site. If this has been brought up before then I apologize.
Correct, that is how the system operates by default, it conserves channel resources. No affiliation = no traffic. We have gone over that numerous times over the years when some ask why they can't hear such-and-such talkgroup at a particular site, or the traffic seems to come and go.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if they're using Union County cache radios or not, however, Long Hill and Watchung both answered up through the NJICS while 2400 was doing a rollcall of EMS units operating at the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Festival in Berkeley Heights tonight on Union County Ops 5 (4317). Just found that interesting. I have to look back for the RIDs.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Both sides in the clear this morning. Unknown if this temporary (again).
3727NJTPD North 1TENorth Patrol Zone Primary

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Both sides in the clear this morning. Unknown if this temporary (again).
Same old story, some transmissions are clear, some are secure...that's why the NJTPD talkgroups are flagged as Te in the database (I'm not sure why your post shows TE).

1626799063722.png

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Same old story, some transmissions are clear, some are secure...that's why the NJTPD talkgroups are flagged as Te in the database (I'm not sure why your post shows TE).

View attachment 106773
Not all the radios are strapped yet for perm "E". Its a WIP (work in progress). Let me poke around and find out how much is left to do. But for now enjoy it as long as you can hear it...

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
I doubt NJSP will go encrypted once fully migrated to NJICS. They're pretty transparent. Even CIB ops have been in the clear for years!

Status
Not open for further replies.