New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The system was always on an M Core, but it was pretty dated as far as the hardware and system release (7.14) it was running on. In addition to the new core, they are implementing virtualized prime sites for the IP Simulcast sites, which greatly reduces the amount of hardware required. A number of features being implemented were simply not available on the older system release. Also I have to check my notes, but I don't believe that there was a limit of 10 IP Simulcast sites per zone with the 7.14 core.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
They don’t appear on the sites I monitor but the database shows in the clear

Question.... is this a new lineup? Because I'm still hearing C troop through Berlin

And what's with that Burl/Ocean County listening? Would that be better for Pemberton?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Update to the Atlantic County sites...
  • The Hammonton simulcast cell (Site 5) now consists of the Hammonton, Port Republic, and Atlantic Cape Community College subsites
  • Site 62 is at the Atlantic City Airport and is a standalone site
  • Site 57 is the new Atlantic City simulcast, with subsites at the Enclave Condos, AC Pier, and North Vermont Ave (not all are online yet)

1679677065546.png

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I try lol. All this shuffling around of sites has been interesting to keep up with, to say the least.

Solidjake

I try lol. All this shuffling around of sites has been interesting to keep up with, to say the least.

I can imagine. I haven't updated my G5 in a while and no wonder it's going out of range so often. Nice update should keep it at bay...for now

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for keeping DB and maps up to date as well. Fast and furious @GTR8000 .

I drop ICS pins and label them on Google Maps as an easy reference when I travel.

I have dropped the following pins in advance. I do not believe the below are on the air.
These are based on member comments here and FCC database information.

I see the ACY airport is now on in the updated DB.

Yet to come in (in Atlantic County) 2023. Downtown Atlantic City, Farley Service Area on AC Expressway.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yet to come in (in Atlantic County) 2023. Downtown Atlantic City, Farley Service Area on AC Expressway.
Farley Service Area has been on the air for years; it's the prime subsite of the Hammonton cell (site 5.1 on my map)

Where in "downtown" AC are you referring to? Or did you mean the Ducktown area on WQQR235 at the bus terminal?

Keep in mind that many of the state's YE licenses are from the SmartZone system, and may not translate directly to the ASTRO 25 system. Also, some of the licenses are for NJ Transit, not the state systems.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I made note of a new(er) path that goes to condos on the beach a bit south of the expressway downtown. I assumed West Trenton applicant was ICS related.

Farley, thanks.

bunangst

Farley Service Area has been on the air for years; it's the prime subsite of the Hammonton cell (site 5.1 on my map)

Where in "downtown" AC are you referring to? Or did you mean the Ducktown area on WQQR235 at the bus terminal?

Keep in mind that many of the state's YE licenses are from the SmartZone system, and may not translate directly to the ASTRO 25 system. Also, some of the licenses are for NJ Transit, not the state systems.

Site 5.1 on your map is located at the New Jersey State Police Regional Lab (3434 S White Horse Pike, Hammonton, NJ)
There is a tower site there with microwave.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I made note of a new(er) path that goes to condos on the beach a bit south of the expressway downtown.
You mean the Enclave Condos that I mentioned 3 hours ago? Yup, that is the original location of the AC subsite of the Hammonton cell, which has split off into its own cell (Site 57).

1679687825936.png

Site 5.1 Hammonton is not actually located at the service area, but rather ~4 miles to the NW, as @bunangst just stated.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
You mean the Enclave Condos that I mentioned 3 hours ago? Yup, that is the original location of the AC subsite of the Hammonton cell, which has split off into its own cell (Site 57).

View attachment 138798

Site 5.1 Hammonton is not actually located at the service area, but rather ~4 miles to the NW, as @bunangst just stated
Yes, I see that for first time up in #224. Now I am totally up to speed. Time to update my map. Appreciate it. When I press Site 5 Atlantic County in DB for ICS I get a map with no pins (logged in). The map in #224 is awesome.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yes, I see that for first time up in #224. Now I am totally up to speed. Time to update my map. Appreciate it. When I press Site 5 Atlantic County in DB for ICS I get a map with no pins (logged in). The map in #224 is awesome.
Yeah, unfortunately because all of the 700 frequencies for the Hammonton cell are part of the SL (state) license, there is no specific site geodata for the cell. I've mapped all ASR and IP simulcast subsites out myself, which is what I'm always posting bits and pieces from the Google map I maintain.

Solidjake

Just updated my frequency/site list. Full signal at my house near a Cherry Hill East High School on the Berlin site 769.69375

Was getting squat before 😭

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Just updated my frequency/site list. Full signal at my house near a Cherry Hill East High School on the Berlin site 769.69375

Was getting squat before 😭
You're right in between the Camden and Berlin subsites of Site 40...little closer to Berlin.

1679696652834.png

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
By the way, for those wondering why they changed the Berlin cell from Site 4 to Site 40, the reason goes back to the recent system core upgrade. They are implementing a new feature called Virtualized Prime Site for the simulcast cells, which basically consolidates a lot of the older hardware into a much smaller, more robust package. It's easier to migrate each subsite to the new cell one by one to minimize disruption.