New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Solidjake

I think I am just going to wait before I update my WS1080, SDS100 and BCD436...too much happening!

Just do the update now so you don't miss any of the sites with all of the changes. I had to do the update last week because I was not locking onto a crucial site

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I think I am just going to wait before I update my WS1080, SDS100 and BCD436...too much happening!
At least the APX will eventually find the new sites on its own using the adjacent sites broadcasts! :LOL:

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I have my Unitrunker setup for when the new Hunterdon site becomes active. I am interested to see how things get realigned up here. I was surprised to see that they did not pull the Washington site into the Morris County Simulcast site, Maybe they are going to pull that into Hunterdon, or split off the northern sites into a Warren County site?

rr60

Premium Subscriber
It looks like a new codeplug will be needed for the G5 for me. I needed a way to organize. Using the fabulous up to date RR database and Google Sheets to sort, this looks like the way I am headed. About 2 Zones for simulcast and 3 Zones for ASR’s. Going to wait for changes to settle. Posting in case anyone is in a similar situation.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Despite have over 11,000 UID’s, nothing for these. Anyone log these and have an idea where they may be from? Thanks.

1424xxx
1498xxx
1499xxx
1499xxx
2200xxx
2450xxx

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Despite have over 11,000 UID’s, nothing for these. Anyone log these and have an idea where they may be from? Thanks.

1424xxx
1498xxx
1499xxx
1499xxx
2200xxx
2450xxx
1424 Should be Morristown
1497,98,99 are most likely Morris County Police units (Sheriff, Prosecutors etc)
2200xxx are patch radios
2450xxx are EMS Task Force Radios

This is my ID list if you want to cross reference:

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
The site has been bouncing on and offline all morning, so I suppose any of this could change:
NAC 391

774.843750 Primary
774.281250 Alt
773.831250 Alt
770.956250 Alt

krtz07

Feed Provider
The Rutgers buses do not operate on NJICS. They are NFM on frequencies licensed to First Transit, ref: WRUS696.

I have no clue how the DOTS TG gets used because the bus radios are far from P25 capable, and I have yet to see a representative from RUDOT on the move.
Thank you sir! Was able to get someone to confirm that the second frequency listed on the FCC website is used on the buses. Unsure how the others are used.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Site 60 “Pluckemin” certainly has been moved. I could not RX when it was in the weeds at the DOT yard. I can now decode it. Looking at the below correspondence, a few observations. Installed on tower is a 45 degree directional panel antenna. This yields a directional figure 8 pattern. Antenna height 121’. This will not be a large coverage (in all directions) site, also I am seeing less than 100 hits in an hour BTW.

It will provide great coverage for the terrain challenged area of 78/287. This site compliments #28 Martinsville nicely. Most ICS sites provision for encryption. None of the present site channels are provisioned for encryption. Does this say something?

The site is catching a majority of B2-5, B2-4, Atlantic 4761/4765. RWJ Med Central 4407/4409. Medivac 1677 (nearby). I did see a few Marine Unit commuters passing through. Look for an additional channel to be added in future 858.7125.

Lastly, the site location IS in the Township of Bridgewater, this is verified several ways.

Attachments

• 8E94117F-2609-4FC0-87CE-053CAE3E08D9.jpeg
    8E94117F-2609-4FC0-87CE-053CAE3E08D9.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 39

bunangst

Site 60 “Pluckemin” certainly has been moved. I could not RX when it was in the weeds at the DOT yard. I can now decode it. Looking at the below correspondence, a few observations. Installed on tower is a 45 degree directional panel antenna. This yields a directional figure 8 pattern. Antenna height 121’. This will not be a large coverage (in all directions) site, also I am seeing less than 100 hits in an hour BTW.

It will provide great coverage for the terrain challenged area of 78/287. This site compliments #28 Martinsville nicely. Most ICS sites provision for encryption. None of the present site channels are provisioned for encryption. Does this say something?

The site is catching a majority of B2-5, B2-4, Atlantic 4761/4765. RWJ Med Central 4407/4409. Medivac 1677 (nearby). I did see a few Marine Unit commuters passing through. Look for an additional channel to be added in future 858.7125.

Lastly, the site location IS in the Township of Bridgewater, this is verified several ways.

As has been discussed previously, the NJICS site has been at Stage Coach Road for quite some time now...I would guess at least a year or more.
What is moving however, is the addidtional frequency 858.7125 MHz, adding more capacity to the site.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Most ICS sites provision for encryption. None of the present site channels are provisioned for encryption. Does this say something?
It says nothing, as "sites" are not provisioned for encryption, talkgroups are. You just happen to not observe any secure talkgroups at that site to date, and are therefore drawing a false conclusion.

As for the name of Site 60, I'm inclined to leave it as-is for the time being. No one has been confused by it for as long as it has been in the database, and frankly, despite the site being within Bridgewater Township (barely), it's markedly closer to Pluckemin as made clear here.

1680877401617.png

rr60

Premium Subscriber
It says nothing, as "sites" are not provisioned for encryption, talkgroups are. You just happen to not observe any secure talkgroups at that site to date, and are therefore drawing a false conclusion.

As for the name of Site 60, I'm inclined to leave it as-is for the time being. No one has been confused by it for as long as it has been in the database, and frankly, despite the site being within Bridgewater Township (barely), it's markedly closer to Pluckemin as made clear here.

View attachment 139716
Very interesting (encryption). Understand on name. Appreciate DB being so spot on.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
As has been discussed previously, the NJICS site has been at Stage Coach Road for quite some time now...I would guess at least a year or more.
What is moving however, is the addidtional frequency 858.7125 MHz, adding more capacity to the site.
That would be correct young man...LOC had to be signed for them to use that frequency at Stage Coach Road

krtz07

Feed Provider
The Rutgers buses do not operate on NJICS. They are NFM on frequencies licensed to First Transit, ref: WRUS696.

I have no clue how the DOTS TG gets used because the bus radios are far from P25 capable, and I have yet to see a representative from RUDOT on the move.
Another question is someone in the area has tested these frequencies out. The second one is the one which receive the majority of the traffic. However something interesting happens, sometimes the radios on buses would rotate between frequencies. The radios on the buses would still receive all of the frequencies but someone monitoring it on a scanner would need to jump around. Any idea on what kind of system that is?

edisonfire

It looks like the Hunterdon simulcast has 2 different configurations. Is one replacing the other? Which set of frequencies would be best to program. One is 4 frequencies, the other 6. Looks like same coverage map