New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Site 55 is not on the air yet. Look for it to possibly replace Site 3. As I mentioned previously, some of the simulcast site numbers are changing due to technical changes behind the scenes, it's not arbitrary.

Also, Site 31 Cranbury is now part of the Bordentown cell, no longer an ASR.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
This morning I also noticed a new ID range, possibly just for medevac's. 2 radios so far and both affiliated to JemSTAR South.
3400xxx

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Site 55 should now be on the air, but possibly at just one subsite (not certain which at this point). Happy hunting...still changes yet to come, so keep paying attention. ;)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Looks like Site 3 is now off the air and has been replaced by Site 55 for the Bordentown cell.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Site 3 is now off the air and has been replaced by Site 55 for the Bordentown cell.
The see the DB reflects the move of Princeton to 55. Thanks, trying to keep my map up with all the changes.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yep. Princeton moves from Hunterdon to Bordentown (now 55), and Cranbury loses ASR status and becomes a subsite of Bordentown.

Not quite done yet!

Solidjake

I'm on the turnpike right now approaching 7A and I have not picked up the bordentown site. It's been on Berlin since exit 4 and it's dropped the signal 2 to 3 times. Not sure if the site is down for some maintenance or something right now

update. Shortly after it connected to hunterdon and then around marker 71 or so before 8A a transition over to Union so it looks like bordentown is down for a little bit

Last edited:

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I'm on the turnpike right now approaching 7A and I have not picked up the bordentown site. It's been on Berlin since exit 4 and it's dropped the signal 2 to 3 times. Not sure if the site is down for some maintenance or something right now

update. Shortly after it connected to hunterdon and then around marker 71 or so before 8A a transition over to Union so it looks like bordentown is down for a little bit
What are you using to monitor?

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Unication G5. Had no issues picking up that site until this morning heading to work. Usually at exit 5 it drops Berlin for Bordentown but it never got it and went to the other smaller sites
Have you reprogrammed to reflect conversation in this thread and the up to date DB?
If you are using Site 3 you need to renumber it. It is now 55 (DEC). Check the CC frequencies while you are at it and make sure you use HEX (37) not decimal.

Lastly and again, you must have Site 8 to fill in Exit 9 10.

Solidjake

Have you reprogrammed to reflect conversation in this thread and the up to date DB?
If you are using Site 3 you need to renumber it. It is now 55 (DEC). Check the CC frequencies while you are at it and make sure you use HEX (37) not decimal.

Lastly and again, you must have Site 8 to fill in Exit 9 10.

Oh jeez, one day it's working and one day it's updated and not work haha. I have to check the page before going to work or before sleep./ Thanks again.

I have Site 8 programmed in. It was one of the active sites today driving north

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Know something say something? While browsing the important Statewide 700 NJICS license(s) I noticed the following.

Contact information is way out of date. Long gone. Bad phone and email. I know West Trenton is busy with changes. Just saying.

WPTZ794 and maybe more.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Know something say something? While browsing the important Statewide 700 NJICS license(s) I noticed the following.

Contact information is way out of date. Long gone. Bad phone and email. I know West Trenton is busy with changes. Just saying.

WPTZ794 and maybe more.
Well technically those 2 are still around. I know Craig is on the retirement train and they are looking to fill that space soon. Tony is the APCO coordinator. Now how much they still play a role? Probably when all is said and done....the admin part should be dealt with for all the licenses

Solidjake

Nvm got.it. Used the programs way with importing from RR. I was doing it through uploading the csv

Last edited:

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Just a heads up Cinnaminson tower pn Rt 130 behind Walmart/Sam's Club is in fact now part of the Berlin Simulcast. I confirmed today using several devices including a unication pager with no antenna attached and got full reception in that location and rapid weakening in every direction from there.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, you just saved me a trip down there on Monday to verify that tower. (y) :) This is what teamwork is all about.

Meanwhile, are the rest of the "older" simulcast sites such as Rutgers, Union County, West Orange etc. going to be changed like the other ones were? Is their a possibility that some of the frequencies in the 800 MHz band going narrowband in the 6.25 kHz spacing such as 857.21875 did from 857.2125?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The simulcast site numbers are changing due to the implementation of the new virtualized prime sites for each of them. In a nutshell, replacing older dedicated hardware with a more compact sever/software setup that controls each cell. It's less disruptive to simply assign the new virtualized prime site a new site number, cutting over to that one subsite at a time, than it would be to take a whole cell offline for the transition.

So in short, the rest of the cells may go through the same process at some point.

The 800 MHz frequencies were technically already being used as narrowband 12.5 kHz deviation. What is happening now is that they are essentially creating two immediately adjacent 12.5 kHz channels out of a single frequency by using the 6.25 steps (5th decimal place).