New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Scott and other; yes these sites will all process FDMA & TDMA accordingly, at least for a while until all the older radios get replaced; though not likely to change for at least three years.

Are you saying it will be 3 years or so before the system switches to TDMA?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Are you saying it will be 3 years or so before the system switches to TDMA?

I am only saying that it will likely remain in it's current form until all the radio have been upgraded; this could be a year, two, three, or perhaps even longer. Only the bean counters in Trenton really know the answer to this...

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
I was in Woodstown tonight and the NJ-PSIC system shows up as Site-104 on my 396xt. And I also checked it searching 700mhz in C-Ch mode. "039Ah-0104" ( Sorry no PC in my car to use Pro96Com ) . So Site-104 is simulcast Berlin and Woodstown . As I get time I will check other sites in Troop A.

Last edited:

ayaresr

When I get the spare time (probably not until after the 1st of the year, I can verify Woodstown, as I am right down the road from there. Have been wanting to, just haven't had a chance to hook the computer up.

mrkelso

Today i heard Site 124 Unknown and encrypted i did not get the radio ID on the 700 system and the signal was full strength and nice and clear in Teaneck NJ

Last edited:

elias1988

Feed Provider
I'm currently seeing Private calls flash on my screen with frequencies of 854.2000 and 854.2125, no voice. also I see that 3609 was used by North SSP units. possibly related to the 287 plane crash? It looks like patching is being done with 3131. a lot of new radios in the 46xxx, 47xxx and 48xxx have affiliated to it.

I was using unitrunker to read off the Camden site and noticed that the channel access is currently 2-slot TDMA, have they already switched over to TDMA or can they still use FDMA on a 2-slot TDMA channel?

mdragon

Premium Subscriber
REMU discussion on the 700 system 2561 seems to indicate that Site 1 is West Orange, 22 is Ramapo, and there are sites at Telegraph Hill, Newark Court House (which is currently offline), and Jersey City. They were discussing an issue where a radio in Newark was dropping off the West Orange site and trying to go to Ramapo and Telegraph Hill but failing to fully associate. Considering the signal strength I get on Site 1 (it's the only site i can reliably pick up inside the house) it would make sense it's in Essex and even more sense that it is in West Orange.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
REMU discussion on the 700 system 2561 seems to indicate that Site 1 is West Orange, 22 is Ramapo, and there are sites at Telegraph Hill, Newark Court House (which is currently offline), and Jersey City. They were discussing an issue where a radio in Newark was dropping off the West Orange site and trying to go to Ramapo and Telegraph Hill but failing to fully associate. Considering the signal strength I get on Site 1 (it's the only site i can reliably pick up inside the house) it would make sense it's in Essex and even more sense that it is in West Orange.

Can you run Pro96Com for at least an hour on that site and send me the log file? Also, please include your GPS cooridinates for where you are receiving this site; this way I can cross reference the site location easier? Please PM this information to me.

Thanks,

Jerry

elias1988

Feed Provider
Northern one maybe? I'm showing 82 total hits for 3081...nothing active since the 14th,3097 is a southern one.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Still looking for more site logs from Pro96Com; if anyone can run this application on a site for at least one hour and send me the details along with your GPS coordinates where the signal is the strongest, we can continue to build out this system. Please be sure to note the site NAC as well when submitting the data file from Pro96Com; this can also be seen on the PSR-500/600 or Pro-106/197 screen while monitoring the control channel of the system.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Site 102: NAC is 392

I am receiving this at 40.729021,-75.040076, however this site spans from Southern Warren County down to at least midway through Hunterdon County.

Last edited:

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Site 102: NAC is 392

I am receiving this at 40.729021,-75.040076, however this site spans from Southern Warren County down to at least midway through Hunterdon County.

Thanks for the update. How strong was the signal being received at this location? Were you using a handheld with a rubber duck antenna or a mobile; this makes a difference when trying to cross-reference the actual tower lists vs. site locations.

Finally, please verify the NAC for this site; most others are running 394 and you're saying it's 392; can you please just confirm this?

Thanks,

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.