New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
Today I’m hearing Troop A Troopers on I 295 who usually operate on A5 Comm now using Troop A ”Command Post“ TG 2191. They call in to “A Comm”. I’m not hearing anything on 5 Comm, but I should add I am listening via the Cape May Simulcast so there is a chance 5 Comm isn’t carried on the site right now. However, 5 Comm has been carried on Cape May for many months. 3 Comm and 4 Comm are active as usual.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Today I’m hearing Troop A Troopers on I 295 who usually operate on A5 Comm now using Troop A ”Command Post“ TG 2191. They call in to “A Comm”. I’m not hearing anything on 5 Comm, but I should add I am listening via the Cape May Simulcast so there is a chance 5 Comm isn’t carried on the site right now. However, 5 Comm has been carried on Cape May for many months. 3 Comm and 4 Comm are active as usual.
That has been going on for months, I believe it is a tactical unit in that area for extra enforcement and there saying 8 com because tg 2191 is on channel 8. 5 comm is still working.

minasha

Premium Subscriber
What happened to the troop B CIB units? haven't heard a peep in a while.

minasha

Premium Subscriber
Does the NJICS system have the NJ state commission of investigation (NJSCI) on any talk groups?

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
Also Radio Ref shows them in the clear? No help all around
Listing of Encryption status on a talkgroup or channel on Radioreference is dependent on input from listeners or someone involved in the system. Although I do not have Unitrunker, I believe the Unitrunker log can display encryption status for P25 systems transmissions.
Also, when in Pennsylvania recently monitoring the StarNet system I noticed that my SDS100 briefly displayed the State Police Talkgroups when scanning although it did not stop on their talkgroups and it did remain silent. (PA State Police are 100% encrpted)

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Does the NJICS system have the NJ state commission of investigation (NJSCI) on any talk groups?
I don’t remember them ever having a TG on the old system. They aren’t a traditional LE agency. I imagine if they did have radios they would be on encrypted DCJ or NJSP TGs.

Could be wrong though.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Two new Amtrak TG’s. Not sure if testing or permanent. 5477 5479.

5477 seems to be linked to Amtrak VHF perhaps 161.01 AAR60. Not sure what the point is as the audio quality is poor at best.

Site 7 Union County is carrying this and it is burning it up, Sitting regularly at the top of the hit list. Fuzzy memory says nothing was being added due to talk-path capacity. Perhaps a temporary test.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Amtrak has a long term plan to build out a nationwide conventional network. I would suspect these are testing / temporarily basis until such network is fully built.

That being said, they have been using APX8000 radios for couple years now so from a subscriber perspective, there is nothing preventing them from joining the state network other than MOU and negotiating access fees.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
That VHF link wasting resources on Site 7 did not last long 🤔. Terminated.

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
From what I heard 5477 was a test. Union County (and the state) wants to be able to patch in the actual railroad road/disptach channels in the event of an MCI or "homeland security" incident.

Two new Amtrak TG’s. Not sure if testing or permanent. 5477 5479.

5477 seems to be linked to Amtrak VHF perhaps 161.01 AAR60. Not sure what the point is as the audio quality is poor at best.

Site 7 Union County is carrying this and it is burning it up, Sitting regularly at the top of the hit list. Fuzzy memory says nothing was being added due to talk-path capacity. Perhaps a temporary test.
Does Amtrak PD have any TGs on NJICS yet? I didn't see any when looking at the DB, but may have missed it.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
State Marine Police. I see the TG’s are now fully independent and fully operational by affiliation only. It used to be Statewide and often patched B & C-10.

This holiday weekend I was surprised how little traffic was on Site 7, until I tuned to Site 22 Monmouth Simulcast. Full on A B C traffic there.

Seems as Troopers can use any TG. Often heard C10 in use up on Greenwood Lake.

No patches seen yesterday. They are sure busy on the water and the audio sounds great. Much better than Smartzone audio with the environment they work.