New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Earths atmosphere has been bombarded with solar storm activity for several days now. Since this started I can only receive the berlin simulcast site with an outdoor yagi pointed right at the berlin site. Portables have been not receiving at all except when within a couple miles of a transmitting site.

I was at a Wawa in Mt. Laurel on RT73 near the turnpike this past Tuesday (28-Feb-23) and there was two state troopers in the store in line in front of me. Nothing but garbage coming out of their portables, completely unreadable.

Give this a few more days and it should clear up hopefully.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
See if you can pick up the new Site 40 on CC 773.78125. I have discovered this site comes from the Berlin tower. It seems to broadcast A-5Comm and C-3Comm as well as C-5Comm. I can confirm this site is from Berlin, but NOT Winslow, nor Waterford Works. I'm fairly confident it does not come from Camden either but I'll check for sure tomorrow. I will check 295 North from Mount Laurel over the weekend.
That did it! :):)(y):)
Added that to the Trunk Frequencies and instantly got C5 & C3 back. Had the toll roads on another channel but never could pick up GSP, but now I can with that new freq.
Thank You.

Last edited:

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Earths atmosphere has been bombarded with solar storm activity for several days now. Since this started I can only receive the berlin simulcast site with an outdoor yagi pointed right at the berlin site. Portables have been not receiving at all except when within a couple miles of a transmitting site.

I was at a Wawa in Mt. Laurel on RT73 near the turnpike this past Tuesday (28-Feb-23) and there was two state troopers in the store in line in front of me. Nothing but garbage coming out of their portables, completely unreadable.

Give this a few more days and it should clear up hopefully.
Interesting. That area has likely always been a bit of a no-mans land with NJSP and now NJICS coverage. I always found Berlin comes in good south of Exit 5 but with dead spots. I was hoping site 40 was coming from somewhere closer to there like the tower on 38 by the college. Still not sure what the end game is with Site 40. Over the weekend I have to check a few more places.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Talkgroup 5357 popped up yesterday on NJICS with transmissions from a State REMU ID and 11110001 11110000. I wasn't around to hear any of it but Unitrunker caught it.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I am showing Site 40 as a peer of Bordentown. My reception though is very sporadic, can anyone else confirm they see that one?
Yes, I get the same thing on Bordentown. Same LCN as you as well. The only site
I see it on.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I get the same thing on Bordentown. Same LCN as you as well. The only site
I see it on.
The Berlin Simulcast is now labeled Site 40. If you're using a Unication pager it will not work until you program in the correct site. Also 773.78125 is no longer a control channel. Everything is homed to Berlin again including C-3Comm. Awaiting a transmission on C-5. The voice frequencies are as follows 769.93125, 770.40625, 770.66875 and 773.34375.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
The Berlin Simulcast is now labeled Site 40. If you're using a Unication pager it will not work until you program in the correct site. Also 773.78125 is no longer a control channel. Everything is homed to Berlin again including C-3Comm. Awaiting a transmission on C-5. The voice frequencies are as follows 769.93125, 770.40625, 770.66875 and 773.34375.
I still have the old freq & settings since I added 773.78125 and it seems I'm still getting all the C comm stuff.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Seems whatever was attenuating signals for the last week or so has ended. Signal strength on Berlin simulcast is back to normal rssi levels. I wonder if someone fat fingered the keyboard and set Berlin simulcast to site 40 instead of 04?

PhillyPete

Premium Subscriber
I'm locked onto the Bordentown Site and I'm picking up A Comm units which I couldn't before, sweet.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I wonder if someone fat fingered the keyboard and set Berlin simulcast to site 40 instead of 04?
It takes a series of very deliberate steps to change a site number, it's not something that happens by accident, nor is it something that is done willy nilly.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Maybe it was rolled over onto another system while they did some upgrading or something.
What other system? That's not how it works.

So is there a bottom line here? Is Site 40 still on the air, or is it all back to Site 4 now? What is the status of the Berlin subsite today?

So far no one has made a submission to the database regarding any of the apparent changes being discussed in this thread. If Site 40 is indeed still on the air, let's get that into the database with all of the usual requisite parameters like Site NAC, control channels, traffic channels, etc.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
What other system? That's not how it works.

So is there a bottom line here? Is Site 40 still on the air, or is it all back to Site 4 now? What is the status of the Berlin subsite today?

So far no one has made a submission to the database regarding any of the apparent changes being discussed in this thread. If Site 40 is indeed still on the air, let's get that into the database with all of the usual requisite parameters like Site NAC, control channels, traffic channels, etc.
No tropo, so no decode Berlin nor new 40 for me. Bordentown however is always in range. It has been giving clues for several days.

Bordentown is not reporting 03 Berlin as peer. Bordentown is also reporting Site 40 as a peer.

No joy here on new reported CC 773.78125. To far away.

Last edited:

PhillyPete

Premium Subscriber
I updated my unication g4 with the new site info, but when I try to update the site id to 28 (Dec) in my Motorola software for my APX, the hex pops up as 1C and not 40 and when I input 40 for the Hex, it pops up as 64 for Dec and not 28. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I updated my unication g4 with the new site info, but when I try to update the site id to 28 (Dec) in my Motorola software for my APX, the hex pops up as 1C and not 40 and when I input 40 for the Hex, it pops up as 64 for Dec and not 28. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?
Yes. DEC 40 = HEX 28. The Unication requires HEX, whereas APX CPS can use either.