New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm still on the old frequencies + 773.7812 and still receiving C3, C4 & C5 tonight via Berlin.
773.78125 was never part of the original Site 4 channel lineup, so you're actually monitoring the new Site 40. You really ought to update your programming to match what is in the RRDB for Site 40, otherwise you're going to lose the signal if the control channel rolls.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
773.78125 was never part of the original Site 4 channel lineup, so you're actually monitoring the new Site 40. You really ought to update your programming to match what is in the RRDB for Site 40, otherwise you're going to lose the signal if the control channel rolls.
Did they install a new tower is that why there is a new frequency control channel

howie38

Premium Subscriber
It's funny the old lineup went dead for me over the weekend until someone told me to add 773.78125 then it all came back.
I just loaded up the new program and that works too.
Is it possible that not all their radios are changed over yet and they're somehow simulcasting on both new & old at the same time?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's funny the old lineup went dead for me over the weekend until someone told me to add 773.78125 then it all came back.
I just loaded up the new program and that works too.
Is it possible that not all their radios are changed over yet and they're somehow simulcasting on both new & old at the same time?
No. The reason it works for you is because all that is required is the new active control channel, which at the time was 773.78125. Your 996P2 will find the new traffic channels based on the information broadcast over the control channel. 769.69375 and 773.56875 were both carried over from Site 4, and so your scanner would've continued to work unless the control channel rolled over to 773.34375, which was recently added.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that Site 4 is dead and Site 40 has taken its place at all of the subsites shown in the map I posted. The new lineup for Site 40 is correct as listed in the database. Oh and for those with an SDS series scanner, the site NAC has changed from 394 to 391.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
No. The reason it works for you is because all that is required is the new active control channel, which at the time was 773.78125. Your 996P2 will find the new traffic channels based on the information broadcast over the control channel. 769.69375 and 773.56875 were both carried over from Site 4, and so your scanner would've continued to work unless the control channel rolled over to 773.34375, which was recently added.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that Site 4 is dead and Site 40 has taken its place at all of the subsites shown in the map I posted. The new lineup for Site 40 is correct as listed in the database. Oh and for those with an SDS series scanner, the site NAC has changed from 394 to 391.
Since the new control channel came up, my scanbet works fine now for some reason. Oh the old control channel never worked on my scanner, and I never got the system too work everr

motti1219

Hello,

Was using the ws1080 for NJSP TOLL ROADS for a while, was coming through pretty well on the garden state parkway.

Recently it has gone quiet,

I updated the EZ SCAN library update and I copied it to scanner by "copy configuration to scanner" but it is still not coming through.

Both scan list and scan set are on, its possible that I have not done this correctly.

Can somebody help me through with this??

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Was using the ws1080 for NJSP TOLL ROADS for a while, was coming through pretty well on the garden state parkway.

Recently it has gone quiet,

I updated the EZ SCAN library update and I copied it to scanner by "copy configuration to scanner" but it is still not coming through.

Both scan list and scan set are on, its possible that I have not done this correctly.

Can somebody help me through with this??

This sounds like a question about the system, not the scanner. I would suggest you click on the REPORT link in the bottom left corner and ask for it to be moved to the NJ forum. PLEASE do not create a new post as double posting is discouraged on the forums.

motti1219

This sounds like a question about the system, not the scanner. I would suggest you click on the REPORT link in the bottom left corner and ask for it to be moved to the NJ forum. PLEASE do not create a new post as double posting is discouraged on the

It would help if you let us know what site(s) you're scanning. I think some sites / frequencies were changed as was discussed on this thread
DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
1683693TGSP North2-COMM - Parkway NorthLaw Dispatch
3331d03TGSP Central3-COMM - Parkway CentralLaw Dispatch
1685695TGSP South1-COMM - Parkway SouthLaw Dispatch
1689699TNJTP North3-COMM - Turnpike NorthLaw Dispatch
3329d01TNJTP Central1-COMM - Turnpike CentralLaw Dispatch
1687697TNJTP South2-COMM - Turnpike SouthLaw Dispatch
169369dTGSP HQParkway HeadquartersLaw Dispatch
169169bTNJTP TacTurnpike Car-to-CarLaw Talk
3333d05TToll FleetwideNJTP/GSP Fleetwide

motti1219

This sounds like a question about the system, not the scanner. I would suggest you click on the REPORT link in the bottom left corner and ask for it to be moved to the NJ forum. PLEASE do not create a new post as double posting is discouraged on the

It would help if you let us know what site(s) you're scanning. I think some sites / frequencies were changed as was discussed on this thread
West Orange Simulcast, I changed the frequencies but scanner still not working, possibly did not do it right

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
West Orange Simulcast, I changed the frequencies but scanner still not working, possibly did not do it right
If you are updating from the EZ Scan database, have the new frequencies @Whiskey3JMC sent the link for been updated in EZ Scan already? Check the database and frequencies mentioned in the other thread.

Also, the new frequencies/settings of the system may have changed something that is now causing you more issues with simulcast distortion. The WS1080 does not do simulcast well, especially on Phase 2, and the site is listed as simulcast.

Modulation:H-DQPSK (LSM)
Notes:4 Site Simulcast

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
I'm not seeing any recent relevant changes to West Orange in the change log. When was the last time you were able to pick it up? Simulcast distortion was never a factor for you before? Can you pick up other talkgroups on the system not related to GSP? Anyway I'm going to turn it over to the "NJICS aficionados" to take over as they're more familiar with system wide changes than I. Best wishes!

motti1219

I'm not seeing any recent relevant changes to West Orange in the change log. When was the last time you were able to pick it up? Simulcast distortion was never a factor for you before? Can you pick up other talkgroups on the system not related to GSP? Anyway I'm going to turn it over to the "NJICS aficionados" to take over as they're more familiar with system wide changes than I. Best wishes!
about 6 months ago it was still working, right now no talkgroups are working.

maybe was not the best reception but I always heard GSP and TURNPIKE

MilAirNJ

TG 1751 on the NJICS says ACY PATROL. But it appears to be some type of maintenance trucks on the AC Expressway. Anyone have any idea?

motti1219

Can anybody who monitor's the GSP and TURPIKE verify if they are able to get signals as of 2023?