New jersey State Police Troop c ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

elk2370bruce

Looking at John Buracelli's site, and my own active monitoring of this area, the desired action is in Troop B, talk group 35792, which is 5Com out of Somerville. They cover all southern sections of 287 and Franklin area. Troop C really is just a tad more southerly.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Somerville Barracks go as far south as Millstone Borough. If you look at the official NJSP Map, it shows B-Troop covering all of Somerset County, however its not accurate because C-Troop covers Rocky Hill.

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
While we are on the subject of NJSP, I have troop C programmed into my BCT8 for monitoring in the Ocean County area. According to the fleet assignment responsibilty map on Burricelli's Site , this is the correct troop corresponding with my area. But why is it when they talk it sounds like they are so far away? I have a rooftop antenna and can receive all 5 boros o NYCFD loud and clear in Ocean County.

Attachments

• bct8.jpg
    bct8.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,576
Last edited:

Tech792

Troop C

What kind of receiver are you using?
Is it signal strength that is weak or just the audio?

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
I am using a Uniden BCT8 in my home hooked to a Scantenna from Antenna Craft. It sounds like the audio is week on some TG's but on others it is fine. If the repeater I am using is located in Southern NJ, then in my opinion they should all sound fine.

Attachments

• ANT7.jpg
    ANT7.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 404

elias1988

Feed Provider
The nearest repeater for NJSP in Ocean County is in Toms River at the DOT yard on Rt. 37,i get Troop C loud and clear from Seaside Heights using a indoor antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.