New Jersey Transit page in DB says "Hunter, NJ"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

That so-called attachment could have been self created, came from anywhere, and/or from the 1950's. I presented a link directly from Amtrak's official website and the stretch of track in our area is clearly called the Acela Express on their OWN WEBSITE.

Analogrules

All the lines in this part of the country are considered the Northeast Corridor (but I honestly don't know if ALL of these Amtrak lines use 161.010). The specific line from DC to NYC is Acela Express as their official website states.

slapshot0017

Haha^ this is hilarious. I wasn't even talking about that mistake I was talking about the rest of the babbling nonsense about the difference between transit and amtrak and how you obviously have no idea how the railroad operates. There's a time when instead of flying off the handle and saying everyone's wrong you should just be like hey guys I noticed this the other day and not saying to the moderators who do this on there free time that they don't know what they're doing and that everything they input is all wrong...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ucvgabe

Premium Subscriber
I don't use this account, nor do I really come on the forums, but I decided to sign in just so that I can express how entertaining N2ZGE's attempt at proving everybody wrong is. You are talking to people that have closely been researching the railroad for many many years and have provided legitimate sources and proof, but instead resort to scraping the bottom of the pan with things like "That so-called attachment could have been self created, came from anywhere, and/or from the 1950's."

At this point, it's beyond help. Here, how about this - ride the train from Cranford to Newark and take time to observe the signal boxes as you pass, take notes if you have to, because you're clearly not open to anything else.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
That so-called attachment could have been self created, came from anywhere, and/or from the 1950's. I presented a link directly from Amtrak's official website and the stretch of track in our area is clearly called the Acela Express on their OWN WEBSITE.
I have close friends that work for Amtrak, it is main line. You don't want to believe it, fine. But I'll tell you this, the DB admins are going to believe me and the evidence before you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Analogrules

What did I say exactly that makes you think I don't know how the Railroads operate? I have been riding the rails my entire life with scanner in hand. I know exactly how the rail lines work and know which sections are owned by Amtrak, NJ Transit, and Conrail. I also know what each line is currently called and referred to by them. In fact, I was the one who originally found out that that NJ Transit Raritan Valley Line conductors use 160.860 to communicate with Conrail through a certain stretch, and then switch to 161.010 on the Newark approach over 15 years ago! Then there was always someone who submits false corrections to the DB from out of this area who never rode on the rails in this area in their lifetime and botched things up. I do appreciate the efforr W2JSW put in to fix the latest false submissions and he did a good job. I just wanted to tell him one small correction regarding Main Line vs Acela Line. (Amtrak's main line runs between Harrisburg and Philly, but also part of Keystone Line).

The only thing I am not sure of is whether the Keystone Line and Acela Line use the same frequency once it enters western PA because I never rode the Keystone Line before. The entire northeast region of the US is considered Amtrak's NE Corridor. So, I am not sure if 161.010 is actually the Main frequency used for all lines in the NE Corridor. Yes, I admit the areas I am not familiar with, but definitely know for a fact what the lines are called here in NJ and the frequencies used in each section.

Analogrules

Show me where on Amtrak's official website where the rail line from DC to NYC to Boston is called Main Line? Keep in mind that "employee slang is very different then what things are called officially".

mikea7531

Feed Provider
What did I say exactly that makes you think I don't know how the Railroads operate? I have been riding the rails my entire life with scanner in hand. I know exactly how the rail lines work and know which sections are owned by Amtrak, NJ Transit, and Conrail. I also know what each line is currently called and referred to by them. In fact, I was the one who originally found out that that NJ Transit Raritan Valley Line conductors use 160.860 to communicate with Conrail through a certain stretch, and then switch to 161.010 on the Newark approach over 15 years ago! Then there was always someone who submits false corrections to the DB from out of this area who never rode on the rails in this area in their lifetime and botched things up. I do appreciate the efforr W2JSW put in to fix the latest false submissions and he did a good job. I just wanted to tell him one small correction regarding Main Line vs Acela Line. (Amtrak's main line runs between Harrisburg and Philly, but also part of Keystone Line).

The only thing I am not sure of is whether the Keystone Line and Acela Line use the same frequency once it enters western PA because I never rode the Keystone Line before. The entire northeast region of the US is considered Amtrak's NE Corridor. So, I am not sure if 161.010 is actually the Main frequency used for all lines in the NE Corridor. Yes, I admit the areas I am not familiar with, but definitely know for a fact what the lines are called here in NJ and the frequencies used in each section.
I'll tell you one thing the line is certainly not called... acela line. Acela is just the name of a train service, like Northeast Regional, Silver Service, Keystone Service, Crescent, Cardinal, etc.

Timetable states Main Line, CETC says 'main line' and 'nyp line'. I think Amtrak know what they call their own lines. They might refer to it as something else publicly, but it is main line to the employees. My friends at Amtrak, NJ Transit, and Conrail have confirmed that.

My conversation is over with you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ucvgabe

Premium Subscriber
So wait a second....

You're using PRR's old terms for lines as a way to justify your evidence, just replies after you said "that could be from the 1950s" as a way to deny the earlier employee timetable snap?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

Furthermore, anyone can write or edit what they want in Wikipedia, so those sources are not even credible.

Hypocrite.

Keep proving your ignorance with each post, it only makes it more obvious to the NJ database admins how little attention they should pay to you and your submissions (not that they've ever given them much credence to begin with).

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Hypocrite.

Keep proving your ignorance with each post, it only makes it more obvious to the NJ database admins how little attention they should pay to you and your submissions (not that they've ever given them much credence to begin with).

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Love the response GTR8000! :p

ucvgabe

Premium Subscriber
Hypocrite.

my hero

Analogrules

I don't care what you might think an employee calls the Acela Express line that runs between DC - NYC- Boston or what some self created fake attachment might indicate. I go by FACTS AND CREDIBLE SOURCES. Amtrak's official website would be a credible source. Their website and public timetables calls the Rail line between DC -NYC-Boston the Acela Express. This is a fact! End of story. Furthermore, their Main Line runs between Harrisburg and Philly. Another fact. Yes, anyone can put anything on Wikipedia, but their official website basically indicates the Same thing!

https://m.amtrak.com/mt/www.amtrak.c...-express-train

If it's not called Acela Express (explain why they call it that on their own freakin website).

Last edited by a moderator:

slapshot0017

I can't tell if you're just a troll or that ignorant. It is actually quite astounding. Maybe you should really move to a different hobby since this one obviously doesn't suit you...

I make a motion to the administration here for a ban or atelast speaking privelages removed for being a nuisance.

I will admit you have provided probably provided somewhat useful information at some point in time, but in my experience it has been nothing but babbling and ranting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Their website and public timetables calls the Rail line between DC -NYC-Boston the Acela Express. This is a fact! End of story.

I give you Exhibit B - The Public Timetable for Amtrak. I don't see them calling it the Acela Express, they call it the Northeast Corridor to the public. Acela Express, Northeast Regional, and Keystone Service is names of train SERVICES

I also give you Exhibit C - The Employee Timetable on another page referring it to as the Main Line, New York to Philadelphia.

I think the DB admins take you even less serious now.

Attachments

• Exhibit B.jpg
    Exhibit B.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Exhibit C.png
    Exhibit C.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.