New Jersey Transit Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoney

I am trying to receive the new jersey transit police southern division. I am using a radioshack pro 96. I have tried using the info from the database but it is not working. I live in Mount Ephraim so i know im not out of reach. If someone could explain to me how to set the system up i would greatly appreciate it. I also have the win96 program if that is needed to set up the system.

Thankyou

xpawel15x

I don't know if you're out of reach or not but the NJ Transit PD uses these conventional frequencies:

160.83000 123.0 PL 1 Police - Central
161.19000 97.4 PL 2 Police - River Line
161.37000 146.2 PL 3 Police - Atlantic City & Newark Penn Station
160.60500 97.4 PL 6 Police- Secaucus Transfer Station

You should hear Channel 1 but propably not the other ones.

As well as the 101 talkgroups on the NJ Transit system.

emoney

Can you telll me how to set up the tranist system. I am interested in hearing the transit police in camden city

SCANdal

Silent Key
Yet another one...

emoney,

It would be helpful to know which frequencies you're having trouble programming in of the ones '15 offered to you above.

SCANdal

Last edited:

daedalus

I suspect the request may be for help with the NJT trunked system.

emoney - have you checked the RR database for NJ Transit at http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2152 ?

You indicate you have WIN96 - that's good. You can either punch a whole bunch of buttons - or - subscribe to RR as a full member and simply download the frequencies directly to your scanner.

Analogrules

TRANSIT POLICE ARE IN 160 MHz Range ALSO

Not true........ NJ Transit police DO indeed use the frequencies that XPawel posted in the 160 MHz range. Those frequencies/channel numbers for NJT PD are correct. In fact, I'm listening to them right now and it IS NJ transit PD, not rail operations. I've even close-called the actual cops on my scanner while in Newark Penn Station. However, the NJ Transit police ALSO have talk groups in their 800 MHz system which is what you're probably referring too.

xpawel15x

Not true........ NJ Transit police DO indeed use the frequencies that XPawel posted in the 160 MHz range. Those frequencies/channel numbers for NJT PD are correct. In fact, I'm listening to them right now and it IS NJ transit PD, not rail operations. I've even close-called the actual cops on my scanner while in Newark Penn Station. However, the NJ Transit police ALSO have talk groups in their 800 MHz system which is what you're probably referring too.

100% true, at least in northern nj...the Transit Police uses the 160 freq as primary dispatch channel and very rarely the 800mhz system. Usually when the VHF freqs are down they use the 800mhz as backup.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
EXCUSE ME? NJT Rail Operations uses the VHF railroad band sure and that's where the railroad police repeaters are located as are those for the other area railroads and NYC subway system. Light rail and buses use the 800MHz trunked system and that's where you'll find the police also but it's not as heavily used as VHF. Now stop arguing "not true" like I'm some kind of liar and listen to your radio.

xpawel15x

EXCUSE ME? NJT Rail Operations uses the VHF railroad band sure and that's where the railroad police repeaters are located as are those for the other area railroads and NYC subway system. Light rail and buses use the 800MHz trunked system and that's where you'll find the police also but it's not as heavily used as VHF. Now stop arguing "not true" like I'm some kind of liar and listen to your radio.

Notice I said "at least in northern nj" obviously we're not hearing the same things. In northern nj the VHF freqs I posted are used by the Transit Police and not Rail Ops. The NORTH Transit 800mhz system is rarely used by TPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.