new job@radio shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepro96fan

hey guys in Austin, i just got a new job at radio shack in westlake bee caves road..i am a scanner expert; and if anyone needs to buy one (local or nationwide) or needs help,etc...i will gladly do so:) come by in person...i want to be your scanner sales person and guide..also can help you out with other electronic items as well..cell phones etc...i am friendly and customer service oriented...so come by and say hello:) thanks-mikepro96fan-

jleverin

Well, I'm in CO, too far away to come and visit you but I have all RS scanners. Am glad to see someone with some scanner experience working in one of the stores. Good luck! I sometimes gripe about RS's customer service in store, but I am enjoying their scanners.

mustang108

Premium Subscriber
I was at Pittsburg,Ks Radio Shack in the Mall last week, and was looking around, not seeing any scanners at all out, I asked clerk where the scanners were, he said, "Oh we have scanners but we keep them in the back room."
He didn't have a clue....

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Welcome to the shack. Been here 4 plus years this time. I provide support for a lot of stores in the North Dallas, north Fort Worth, and Southern Denton County area

davidbond21

Awesome. Any alleviation to the general cluelessness found there is just awesome. The last one I went to, my friend was asking if they had any discones there(supposedly were on sale) and after explaining what it was for, the clerk replied that they didn't sell any internet antennas there.

Although to be fair, many years ago when I got my Pro-95, the RS I went to had an obvious scanner enthusiast working there and he got me started on all of this. I guess there are some success stories out there. Good luck!

scanaholic

Man alive. I wish you worked in our Abilene Radio Shacks, Mike. When I bought this Pro-433, didn't know beans about programming the trunking, they didn't even know how to plug it into the light socket!

You're a rare golden coin! Wish all the Shacks had folks like you.

Best to ya',

scanaholic

ke5fgc

Premium Subscriber
if it wasn't for a scanner display at a radio shack.. I would have never gotten into scanning or ham radio.. I owe it to them...
Though i do agree most sales associates are not knowledgeable about what the sell. I have also found some sales people that want to know and are willing to learn, sometimes they ask me to explain what something is or does. Also i have gone into some stores and programmed their scanners.

ITs great to here that RS is going to have an employee that is passionate about what they do and knows what it is they are selling...

Just my $.02

-Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.