New Johnstown Fire Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

druhe

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
577
Location
Southwest Pa
The Johnstown Fire Department officially changed it's dispatch frequency today. They are now operating on 453.7750 PL 118.8.

Testing of Cambria's UHF system has been ongoing with very favorable results. The target date for the switch of the remaining county Fire and EMS stations should be within the next 2-3 weeks. Further details will be announced as they become available.
 

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
2,537
Location
West of the Atlantic Ocean
druhe said:
The Johnstown Fire Department officially changed it's dispatch frequency today. They are now operating on 453.7750 PL 118.8.

Testing of Cambria's UHF system has been ongoing with very favorable results. The target date for the switch of the remaining county Fire and EMS stations should be within the next 2-3 weeks. Further details will be announced as they become available.
I updated the 453.775 listing in the database...what else needs to be fixed for Johnstown and/or Cambria?
 

druhe

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
577
Location
Southwest Pa
benrussellpa said:
I updated the 453.775 listing in the database...what else needs to be fixed for Johnstown and/or Cambria?
I'll let you know once the change over occurs. I looked over the database there will be some major changes coming.
 

ATTACKFF

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
63
What other changes other than low band/vhf ems being phased out with the new system?
 

druhe

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
577
Location
Southwest Pa
ATTACKFF said:
What other changes other than low band/vhf ems being phased out with the new system?
I was referring to changes to the database.

As for the system itself, everything is pretty much set. There are some minor filtering issues with a couple of the combiners but this will be resolved in a day or two. Only other thing is a couple remote receivers have yet to come online, that too will be resolved this week probably the same time the filters are installed.

The next thing is the data side of the system. Site surveys have begun for extender placement at key locations. This is going to take several weeks. Once that's done then the build out will begin, then a ton of testing. Stay tuned
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top