New junkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrkenney2001

Hi there everyone!

I just recently purchased my first scanner at Radio Shack. A Pro 164. I live in Lynnwood and have the Snohomish County area programmed into my Scanner. I've never used one before, except back when I lived in Montana and my uncle had one. Not much going on where i was from but it was still fun. I have to admit i pretty much "cheated" buying the 164 since the RS guy programmed it for me with the software. Luckyily he did cause I don't think i'd be having as much fun!

But I just wanted to say hello. Hope you guys are all having a great Tuesday.

commstar

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to Washington State forum jrkenney2001.

manross

Welcome and consider yourself bitten by the scanning bug. There is no known cure. The only way to treat the symptoms is to buy more scanners.

Hi my name is Marty and I'm a scanning addict :lol:

jrkenney2001

Thanks guys! yeah its pretty crazy. The first thing I do when i get home is turn it on and have a couple beers and listen to the madness around me ;)

Stavro35

Come back when you have five or more scanners programmed, and running at the same time. Oh, and you're able to watch,listen to t.v, and chat on line, and answer the phone. . THEN you're a junkie! ;)

Radio shack Pro96
Radio shack Pro97
Radio shack Pro2006
Radio shack Pro 2052
GRE/PSR 500

wkm

Welcome. Make sure you program Seattle King county in your scanner too.

ladybuggs65

PRO-162 1000-Channel Triple-Trunking Handheld Radio Scanner
Im concidering buying this scanner, my first one. Im so excited:) Im new to this .can anyone tell me if this is a good one for my area ? I live in east vancouver orchards area.thanks

Stavro35

Junkie.

hahaha, yeah! Now that is a junkie! Do you just have each scanner on a seperate channel?

Radio shack Pro97 used to be my primary scanner. It has Kitsap and King county and a few other county trunked systems. Lots of conventional stuff. coast guard,aviation etc etc.

Radio shack Pro96 travel scanner, also local digital stuff. I use it to scan for unknown frequencies as well. .

Radio shack Pro2006 and Pro2052 for military aviation, commercial,civil aviation. .Also use them for random searches.

PSR 500...This is my every day scanner. You'll hear it when I am at home for my scanner feed.

When I am out my Pro97 is hooked up for my feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.