New Kent/Charles City County

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
CCSO is not confirmed to be on the system yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they encrypt if they join. That would be unfortunate - they were in the clear on the VHF DMR frequency.

I don't see any licenses for 800 MHz frequencies in Charles City, so I guess Charles City is going to use New Kent's towers.

Dave

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Did not see any other new tg's from the data dump, They had a serious MVA in Charles county, and Henrico came up on the new tg as it was on the 2 county lines, 154.220 is patched to the 602 tg

dtscho

Database Admin
Could someone please check the VHF DMR frequency for activity, to see if Charles City SO has abandoned it? (And presumably moved to the trunked system.) Thanks.

Dave

kainixon2187

Premium Subscriber
Could someone please check the VHF DMR frequency for activity, to see if Charles City SO has abandoned it? (And presumably moved to the trunked system.) Thanks.
Dave
I heard on the vhf channels in the clear when I was down there an hour ago. No new tgids on trunked system.

50theman

Premium Subscriber
It is true, Charles City County is joining New Kent County’s (Harris) system and hopefully will switch over, by or before December 31 of this year. There is no talk about the VHF channels, but they will be putting the new system at some of the current repeater locations, to expand coverage. As of now, Fire & Ems TG’s will be clear, but the Sheriff’s Office TG’s will be fully encrypted.

W4UVV

Dave
------------
All,

FYI I have been monitoring the Charles City SO dispatcher/deputy's comms for the past 4 hours on my 536 MOTOTRBO upgraded. No change I could detect on their method of operating. All is still good as of this post.

John:)
W4UVV

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I was up near the Charles City James City county lines last week. Had CCCSO DMR channel in my 436. Not a lot of traffic, but it came in loud and clear when they were talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.