New Kent County new P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

bskinder

Premium Subscriber
New Kent has started the switch over to a new Harris P25 phase 2. Sheriff's office dispatch must be using it exclusively because I lost all conv dispatch a few weeks ago. Fire/EMS and schools are switching over in the coming weeks from what I've read online. So far everything I've heard on the new system has been encrypted. Hoping they open up dispatch once everything's up and running.

I've picked up activity on the following...all has been encrypted.
856.18750c
TG101
TG106

shumadine

Great first post. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Agreed that I hope the encryption is a temporary thing.

CPerk

New Kent has started the switch over to a new Harris P25 phase 2. Sheriff's office dispatch must be using it exclusively because I lost all conv dispatch a few weeks ago. Fire/EMS and schools are switching over in the coming weeks from what I've read online. So far everything I've heard on the new system has been encrypted. Hoping they open up dispatch once everything's up and running.

856.18750c
TG101
TG106

Thanks for the post, I found TG401(no encryption) but sound like a school TG, since the gentlemen was seeing if someone was picked up by a parent and talking about field trips. But I can verify the 101 and 106 TG is encrypted heard that few ago.

Last edited:

bskinder

Premium Subscriber
Thanks...good sign that schools are unencrypted. How long does it take for a new system to get updated in the database? I'm new to scanning and just got a BCD996P2. Manually programming this thing is a bit confusing!

CPerk

Thanks...good sign that schools are unencrypted. How long does it take for a new system to get updated in the database? I'm new to scanning and just got a BCD996P2. Manually programming this thing is a bit confusing!

No problem, Certainly welcome to help a scanning hobbist, and Usually new system in database all depends who can post it, like us hobbist... correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I've notice in the past years on RR, and I manually programmed this system and used a wildcard/ search. But I hope the sheriff office. I barley can hit the tower for this system but I have 2 bars of signal, I live in King William, but I have the bcd536hp, 436hp.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I had New Kent's P25 frequencies in my scanner, and I was passing through in late September and remember seeing 4 bars on the s-meter and DAT on my 436

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Passed through last night, I'm guessing Sheriff's Office is encrypted like JCC-York-Poquoson-Williamsburg-Gloucester

CPerk

856.18750c
TG101
TG106

Heard today TG 501 sounds like fire dept, that was in the clear
and 65146, 65149, 65150 TG was a lady saying "Test 1 2 3 4 5, 10 /4" and that was in clear as well

Last edited:

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Went thru tonight, and all I heard was 501 (EMS unit returning from hosp) and encryption on 101 which I assume is the Sheriff. VHF completely silent, even at the Courthouse for "Jingle Bell Jog".

Control channel had changed to 856.6875, and voice traffic heard on 857.6125 and maybe 859.0625.

Have noted that there are pairs at 854.0375, 854.2125, 854.3125 and 854.4125 that appear to do nothing and don't appear to be licensed for trunking.

Anybody hearing anything?

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.