New Kiwi SDR in Haida Gwaii

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
From the World of Radio server - I just tried this and it's on the air. From Colin Newell, head honcho for DXer.ca...
=======================================
As of today, Walt Salmaniw has walked away from a KiwiWebSDR in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest - we are trying a bold experiment:

Setting up a Kiwi WebSDR in a cabin on the Pacific Ocean - unattended with only a functioning router and a hand made power supply.

Sure you can hang from the cliffs of Rockworks with Gary DeBock or check-in to a 1950's throwback hotel at Grayland, Washington -- but for the real TransPacific (and sometimes TransAtlantic - TransPolar) excitement, there are few things as fun as a remote web radio teetering on the shoreline of the Pacific Ocean... all by itself... a mere 100 meters from the salt chuck.

You can check into the Hotel Haida Gwaii, anytime you want, but you may never leave... (any Eagles fans recognize this? HEH mja)

You can find the Haida Gwaii WebSDR at Haida.dxer.ca

Time limits in effect - no camping on frequency please - Share the fun -- and as of now, we will start the "How long will the Kiwi run all by itself?"

The URL is: http://23.235.74.138:8073/

Mike

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
One of the very few things on my 'bucket list' is to spend some time camping on Haida Gwaii. I have a relative that spent some time there and his stories just reinforce my desire to do that.

Taking a radio would be high on the list of equipment. I'll have to give this one a try...

Status
Not open for further replies.