New Lakewood P25 system on the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
If the SysID sounds familiar it was previously used for what was known as the DNC P25 system for the convention in 2008.

Control Channel is on 854.3875 at the time of this post.

FileVersion:5
-TowerInfo
#This section is here for information only. With the exception
#of the Call Sign(s), This data is not Read back into the program at all.
System ID : 00A
System Name :
WACN : 924B3
Tower Number (Decimal): 101
Tower Number (Hex) : T0101
Tower Description : (null)
Control Capabilities : Voice,Registration
Call Sign(s) :
Timestamp : Fri Feb 19 21:28:33 2010

-Tables
#Format: Table ID,Base Freq,Spacing,Input Offset,Assumed/Confirmed,BandWidth
00,851.00625,0.00625,-45.00000,"Confirmed",0.00625

-Frequencies
#Format: Channel,Usage,Frequency,Input Frequency,Hit Count
"00-0541","c",854.38750,809.38750,0

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hmm, very interesting! Have you caught any voice traffic on it yet?

scanlist

I had Pro96com running for several hours this morning and no voice. affiliations or CW I.D. on it. It is a stand alone single site configuration.

Searching around the ULS it appears to be Lakewood and the frequency is tied to license WPKI253 which is their Green Mountain EDACS site.

It does seem strange that this temporary system is back on the air with the same SysID and WACN it had back in 2008. The current CC frequency is different than ones logged in 2008.

rckydenver

Hey Phil, i plug in the CC in my Pro96com getting a good decode signal here in Arvada, getting the same thing as you but i just check the unknown packet's and got somthing on that.

the op is 33-B3 A4, six colums of 00's 1D 26 and C0.

utlchris

Last edited:

rckydenver

Later spring/summer you will probably see the Lakewood / West Metro / Wheat Ridge turn into a public safety only site. Running Harris P25 between Green Mountain and Mt Morrison. The other public services will stay on the current analog system.

FCC shows pending applications
ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WPKI253 - LAKEWOOD, CITY OF
Chris, would this mean that LW/WR public safety may go digital and the public works and other will stay analog. Interesting.

Last edited:

scanlist

In an attempt to decipher the previous posts does this mean Lakewood, Wheatridge and West Metro public safety are going to a separate P25 system while public works remains EDACS ESK?

utlchris

In an attempt to decipher the previous posts does this mean Lakewood, Wheatridge and West Metro public safety are going to a separate P25 system while public works remains EDACS ESK?

And will it be monitorable?

It's still early in the game but my best guess is the three public safty agengies will share the P25 system. Public Works, Parks, Golf, etc will remain on the ESK EDACS system.

Monitorable? Only time will tell.

greenthumb

Database Admin
Unless they go with encryption on everything, I don't see any reason that it would not be monitorable. I suppose we will just have to wait and see, as others have said.

greenthumb

Database Admin
Agreed, but I would say that given all of the other agencies using P25 in the area, it makes sense from an interoperability perspective.

scanlist

Not surprising really since Harris, who just acquired Tyco Wireless, is a P25 proponent. EDACS is a late 80's trunking technology. The speculation is that Harris will obsolete it.

I understand West metro's radios are already P25 enabled which makes a switch that much easier.

greenthumb

Database Admin
Is there a difference between A and 00A in hex?

And the DB Admin handbook makes no specification that the system IDs need to show three characters, but I must also make mention that P25 system IDs can be up to four hex characters, but I don't see the extra zero in front of the many three character systems out there.

Last edited:

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
It's fine with me....
Just wanted to make sure it worked okay with the decoding software(Pro96com/Unitrunker,etc) out there. When it uses the API/SOAP to pull the info from the DB page. It makes it flow better on other pages that list the whole System ID's etc...

So there must be a difference for RadioReference Database setup using "A" vs "00A".

When RR user does a search on the Database main page. From what it shows on the software (00A). It doesn't come up.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=sysid&sysid=00A

But it does for "A". Since that is how it is entered in the RR Database.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=sysid&sysid=A

Plus it messes up the sorting on this page. As you see your "A" isn't with the other "00A" on the P25 Systems report page.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?rpt=3&sort=4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.