New LAPD - 484.900

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Looks like yet another one of the pool of spare frequencies held by City of LA has been put in use.

This morning while down by LAX picked up simplex/non-repeater activity on 484.900 NAC466.

I was only able to pick up one side of the conversation which was an air unit talking about ongoing surveillance activity.

If anyone has another further details such as a frequency number, let me know so that I can get it in the db.

Uplink

That frequency used to be listed as LAPD's Channel 185-"Phone Patch" in some older freq listings. I have heard it used very rarely, and it's been a few years since. I will have to put it back on the scan list, and give it a try again.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
This morning I picked up what I believe was K9-3 do a radio check. Sounded like the ID of the frequency was "27".

27 would make sense as its not currently assigned in the Db, and comes right after 26 which is the Air/K9 hailing freq.

Need more monitoring to better determine the exact nature of the frequency usage however.

Last edited:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Seems the frequency is used as bit of chit-chat between air units.

Manged to confirm ID is indeed 27.

karldotcom

That would make sense, as there seems to be a lot more chit chat these days on Air/K9.....probably due to less helicopters in the air and coordinating responses .... didnt there used to be three up? now there seems to be a Valley and Basin unit up.

rananthony04

I have heard frequency 484.9000 being labelled as "Ch. 20" over the air. This was several years ago. And if memory serves me correctly, it was an air unit confirming the channel designation.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Thanks for added input, however Ch20 today is Olympic base frequency 484.650 as they are the 20th Division.

I indeed was able to confirm that 484.900 is Ch27 per 3 such mentions on the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.