New LAPD and City Fire Radio System. Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Joke for the day.

Saw this on a TV show last night. Its the apparent new radio system for LA City Fire combined with LAPD.

Police transmissions on it and dispatching of medic units all on one channel. The radio was located inside an LA City Fire Dept Medic Unit.

Still can't stop laughing. This is a current Television show btw.

That is a CB if anyone can't see it well and on channel 3

Attachments

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
What is the name of the show?
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.

The show is "Code Black" which is a really good show especially medically speaking in terms of accuracy.

The show is actually based on the real life County USC Med Center in East Los Angeles.

I transported in there a number of times when I worked EMS.

The toe tags on live patients stuck in the hallways due to overcrowding is real, or was.

Their trauma center was the best and I got to see a lot of wild things when I went up there on transports. I saw my first cracked chest with open heart massage there.

Them and I believe it was Daniel Freeman were the best trauma wise. MLK rings a bell too but its been a long time and memory isn't great anymore.

These hospitals were where all the gangbangers got sent to and when you think South LA, Watts, East LA, etc. they saw a whole heck of a lot of trauma action with all the gunshots and stabbings. When they describe these areas as war zones they aren't or weren't kidding.

One of the reasons they trained actual military combat medics/doc there was because of that.

Everything else besides trauma was a no go though. The general consensus was unless trauma just let me die. LOL

It was a county hospital and all the indigent/low income people were taken there one way or the other. We often got transports from good hospitals to there to dump em once stabilized.

Wait times were atrocious.

I saw the documentary "Code Black" which came out in 2013 and they've shut it down and built a new ER nearby in which they do things radically different. Old timers say the changes have really hurt things and made them even worse.

I worked back in the 80s so no idea what happened in the intervening time frame other than what I saw in the doc.

As its portrayed in the show, that ER doesn't exist anymore.

The episode the screen cap is from involved police ambushed and the medic unit with docs onboard going to the scene. They were sitting inside listening to Fire/EMS dispatch, and police comms including on scene tactical comms all on one channel broadcast on the radio you see in the pic. Never knew the ole CB was so versatile. :)

Also been seeing a bunch of Baofengs as radios lately on various shows being used for police, fire etc. Really love how they are blacking out the Motorola name on speaker mics and radios too in shows in the last year or two. M must want money to use their name or something. So you see an XTS5000 with black where the name goes or its speaker mic with the M name blacked out. Funny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.