New LAPD Channel List

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbekhor

Hello,
Does anyone have the new LAPD Channel list? They are starting to use new rovers and have reconfigured there channel lineup. The RTO's are starting to just name the new channel's and not broadcasting the old channel. For example "Switch to Valley Bureau Tac 1 Channel 41 on new rover Valley Bureau tac 1 channel 42 on old rover" is no longer happening. Thank You in advance.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Here is what I understand.

All the tactical channels being renumbered. From what have gathered channel number will shift single position up, with Ch.177 taking the Ch.49 spot.

In addition some other swapping around of detective and additional channels will occur as well.

The process to accomplish this however will take many months and last through summer as each individual unit will need to be physically reprogrammed.
I am not sure if they are doing this division by division or all at the same time, but we should continue to experience some level of ongoing changes for the next several months.

Once the transition is closer to completion, we will update the Db. For now we have placed a remarks note highlighting the ongoing changes.

Radio_Lady

I am not sure if they are doing this division by division or all at the same time, but we should continue to experience some level of ongoing changes for the next several months.
One division at a time, bureau by bureau. They are trying to reprogram all mobiles and portables in a division every week.

mrbekhor

Thank You for the update Radio_Lady. Do you know if there will be a new Channel Plan List that will be released?

HopperD

Premium Subscriber
I think the new channel lineup is even confusing to the LAPD. I hear the dispatcher telling some units to switch to a certain channel on the old system and another channel on the new system. An air unit was having trouble finding the correct channel once.

Radio_Lady

Do you know if there will be a new Channel Plan List that will be released?
To partially quote Scotty, "Of course there will be a new list." Since they have already started the process, the list, probably more than one list, has obviously been completed. But released? Not to the public by LAPD, you can count on that.

I think the new channel lineup is even confusing to the LAPD. I hear the dispatcher telling some units to switch to a certain channel on the old system and another channel on the new system. An air unit was having trouble finding the correct channel once.
It sure sounds that way, but to repeat what's already been said, the scope and types of changes they are making can't be done over the air, so all 15,000 mobile, portable, air-unit, and station radios need to be reprogrammed manually which takes a lot of time. It was slow, complicated, and confusing in 2004 too, if you recall. At that time they sent the channel line-up, which did NOT include the specific radio frequencies, to all divisions. It began with an overview of those changes, and here is just part of the first page of that overview. If the current changes sound confusing, you should have been there ten years ago! NOTE: Below is the 2004 memo, not the in-progress 2014 version.

Attachments

• 2004 reprogramming notice.jpg
    2004 reprogramming notice.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,842
Last edited:

KG6GTH

Premium Subscriber
Channel List

Frequencies are not released to the public.... that is done for a reason....If you have a decent P25 Capable scanner, then you should not have any issues....

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Just finished about a 24-hour log of LAPD channels on one of my 536HPs with ARC-536 PRO. Logged about 70 different channels. Had dispatch off most of the time, so some interesting hits, including Organized Crime/Vice Division Ch1, Burglary/Commercial Crimes, SWAT-Talkaround, Anti-Terror Division, Robbery/Homicide, Surveillance-Helicopters etc. Has all the frequency data and hit counts (CSV file). Includes many Talkarounds from the San Fernando Valley with pretty good RSSI.
Already sent to one member of this thread who requested my LAPD CSV files. If anyone else interested, send me your e-mail via a PM and will send to you. I don't think there is a way to attach files to this message or PMs via RRDB. If there is, let me know.
Steve AA6IO

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just finished about a 24-hour log of LAPD channels on one of my 536HPs with ARC-536 PRO. Logged about 70 different channels. Had dispatch off most of the time, so some interesting hits, including Organized Crime/Vice Division Ch1, Burglary/Commercial Crimes, SWAT-Talkaround, Anti-Terror Division, Robbery/Homicide, Surveillance-Helicopters etc. Has all the frequency data and hit counts (CSV file). Includes many Talkarounds from the San Fernando Valley with pretty good RSSI.
Already sent to one member of this thread who requested my LAPD CSV files. If anyone else interested, send me your e-mail via a PM and will send to you. I don't think there is a way to attach files to this message or PMs via RRDB. If there is, let me know.
Steve AA6IO

You can attach .csv excel files. I just did to the Riverside Co thread.

Just go to edit your message and manage attachments and upload it. I would zip it up or use the compressed file method.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Well, I think it is pretty good use of one my digital scanners. Anyway, I had several requests for file. Just sent them out to all who asked, except KK6DEL, who I tried e-mail address, but said no good. Am going to try to attach zip file to this message as recommended by pepsima1. If works, great, if not, please contact me again with a PM if you want file.

Attachments

• LAPD April 17, 2014 - Copy.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 334

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Hello everyone.

We have made some changes to the database to reflect the ongoing reconfiguration.

In summary LAPD tacticals have been renumbered to reflect future configuration channels 35-49.

In addition Security Services Division moves from 190 to 29 while Metro division channels get bunched together at 65-67.

I understand there are other changes occurring as well including consolidating the detective and miscellaneous frequencies into more unified blocks.

If anyone has any further details, feel free to share them (you can even submit the info to the Db anonymously)

Thanks all.

PJaxx

L.A. Frequencies changing? More Access frequencies?

Hey great, now we're getting some details. I don't have the further details you are asking for, but I have two questions. Do you or anyone know if LAPD is changing their frequencies or just moving them into more logical order? And secondly, I see that LAPD's own analog Access frequency is still in its place, but do we know about other cities having their own Access frequencies? I'm particularly wondering about cities that have gone to trunking, to digital from analog, or even to full time encryption. Will LAPD or the remaining analog departments (LASO?) have a conventional channel to call them on, and will they be included in LAPD's new list?

Hello everyone.

We have made some changes to the database to reflect the ongoing reconfiguration.

In summary LAPD tacticals have been renumbered to reflect future configuration channels 35-49.

In addition Security Services Division moves from 190 to 29 while Metro division channels get bunched together at 65-67.

I understand there are other changes occurring as well including consolidating the detective and miscellaneous frequencies into more unified blocks.

If anyone has any further details, feel free to share them (you can even submit the info to the Db anonymously)

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.