New Laptop, error when opening Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Just got a new Alienware laptop, and downloaded Sentinel, and apon double clicking it, an error pops up, basically saying 2 things, database can not be read, may be corrupted, uninstall and reinstall Sentinel, which i've done over and over, and it also says access to path denied to programdata/uniden/homepatrol..

what can i do, any ideas to get it going again, thanks.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There have been posts discussing similar problems. Most of the issues are related to file access permissions. Have you tried running Sentinel as an administrator?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Locate the BCDx36H_Sentinel.exe file, right mouse click on it and choose "Run as Administrator".

jdcaples

Premium Subscriber
I run Windows 10 Pro, x64 and I can confirm that the installation program must be run as administrator.

-Jon

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
i have a HP-2 now, still same issue, any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
When I click ok, it loads up the program, but there's no favorite lists, and no Database, which i click on USA, nothing happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Maybe UPMAN will reply, so i can get this running..

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
i onlhy have 1 account on my new laptop, and it is a Admin acount.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I have an Alienware 15 R2 with Windows 10 64-bit and Sentinel (both for HP and x36) works with no issues. I probably installed as admin, but don't specifically recall that.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
i didnt see where it said, to "run as admin" any more help there?? i didnt notice, is this something to do before installing?

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
i'll be waiting for a reply, im out of ideas, never had this issue before.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
if anyone knows, and can explain in further detail, i would greatly appreciate it, about the admin stuff, and installing the program, i didnt notice anything about "admin" when installing. Thx.

JamesO

You need to find the executable file, something like setup.exe most likely located in a folder labeled HomePatrol_Sentinel_2_03_02

Then you can usually Right Click on the executable and choose Run As Administrator or something like that.

RFBOSS

When installing the program, instead of left clicking on the program file to start the install, you will right click on it (once and it will bring up this screen). See picture below.

Select run as administrator.

Attachments

• Capture600.JPG
    Capture600.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 154

jdcaples

Premium Subscriber
Can you post a screen shot of the error message? The reason I ask is because I do not have that path - programdata/uniden/homepatrol - on my system.

-Jon

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Tried that method, still no luck,…… I don't know what's going on, never had this issue before,my last computer and windows 10 as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.