New Lenawee County Scanner Enthusiast seeking some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agcox

I am hoping someone here in the forums can help me out. My dad, who recently passed, was a long time scanner enthusiast. Recently I have been trying to get back into the hobby myself, unfortunately the times of my dad’s old tube style, and analog scanners are long past and I need to move into the digital world. I recently purchased a Bearcat BCD996P2 Scanner and have the basics of programming it down pretty well and have also been using FreeSCAN to import the new trunked P25 system for MPSCS. What I am struggling with is fully understanding how this system works and what exactly I should be looking for. I live in Lenawee County and prior to today’s launch I had the systems programmed into my scanner and while running and ID Search would pick up Monroe, Jackson and other areas. Now a lot of that is changed and I strictly pick up 1 Lenawee County Feed. I am just looking for some assistance in better understanding how this new system works. I would like to primarily listen to Lenawee County on a regular basis but liked the idea of listening to surrounding areas on occasion as well. I am not sure if that is still possible with all of the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.