New license for Air Method in Norolk

Status
Not open for further replies.
LifeNet was testing over TG 50723 yesterday. From what I gather, there is a disagreement that is ongoing (or settled??) between LifeNet and the State over using the SRS. Since LifeNet is a "for profit entity", vs the SRS is open only to "non profit entity". LifeNet is over ORION on a occasional basis, at least when I visit Omaha, or when I can hear ORION during tropo enhancement. Douglas County may have a different agreement on handling "for profit entites".

Kind of odd that there is a disagreement since City of Norfolk owns the 800 SRS site. Unless there is something I don't know.

The Racom Norfolk site is still spewing out CC data noise, but its been silent since roughly the end of July, or I haven't been around to catch anything on it.

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
As of Tuesday, LifeNet in Norfolk moved to a conventional UHF repeater. LifeNet is no longer using RACOM. I would expect the Norfolk RACOM tower to get decommissioned soon, since LifeNet and the City of Norfolk were the last holdouts on that tower.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
LifeNet 1-2 is using 452.150 PL146.2 finally heard them last night.
Air Methods added 159.660 in Columbus for LifeNet 1-3 possibly simplex.

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
LifeNet was testing over TG 50723 yesterday. From what I gather, there is a disagreement that is ongoing (or settled??) between LifeNet and the State over using the SRS. Since LifeNet is a "for profit entity", vs the SRS is open only to "non profit entity". LifeNet is over ORION on a occasional basis, at least when I visit Omaha, or when I can hear ORION during tropo enhancement. Douglas County may have a different agreement on handling "for profit entites".

Kind of odd that there is a disagreement since City of Norfolk owns the 800 SRS site. Unless there is something I don't know.

The Racom Norfolk site is still spewing out CC data noise, but its been silent since roughly the end of July, or I haven't been around to catch anything on it.
A few of the LifeNet helos like to use the Douglas County ORION when they fly around Omaha - and the Omaha crew has portables on it.

Riresj

Feed Provider
The SRS also added "AIR EMS 1" through "AIR EMS 5" talkgroups for the profitable helos to not talk on. AIR EMS 1 is strictly for ships with 4 rotor blades.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.