New License For KENCOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Just saw in the DB that KENCOM got a license for 154.4075, and it includes NFM analog and P25. I'm aware that law enforcement is upgrading to P25, so is it safe to presume that this new VHF frequency will be used by the fire departments?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
No one on it just yet as i been monitoring it, till i get a PL or NAC get bleed over from 154.415

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Just read an update in the DB that states that it will be used as the new Fire Dispatch frequency. Has anyone heard any testing at all?

ltginrage

Per KenCom they will be switching soon to P25 (Fire 3) for fire departments within the next month or two. The final neighboring agency is in the process of signing the agreement and KenCom will switch over to it.

PD Radio programming is finazlized for OPD, KCSO, YPD, PPD. They are just waiting on MPDs radios to be programmed. As of now they will be recycling the old PD freqs as single-freq P25 channels to be used as they new dispatch channels. This should be up and running by the end of the year. P5 and P7 (Tac Channels) will go full encryted in the next month as the PD radios are also being programed for this as well.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Have heard nothing on this freqy looks like possible digital for fire

ltginrage

Have heard nothing on this freqy looks like possible digital for fire
This is a confirmed a new P25 fire dispatch freq. They can't use it until all agencies that would come on the channel for mutual aid sign the agreement and get the radios programmed

Status
Not open for further replies.