New license grant for Polk Co VHF System

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Interesting. Thanks for posting. This is likely a similar system to neighboring Henderson County's NEXEDGE VHF system, which is almost entirely encrypted. I won't be surprised if this is an expansion of the Henderson Co system into Polk Co. Tryon PD and FD have been using NXDN conventional channels for some time.

NightF0x

A member of Polk Co Fire mentioned about 2 months ago that they were going to be switching to Viper soon but also said that you would need one of their radios to pick up their calls.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A member of Polk Co Fire mentioned about 2 months ago that they were going to be switching to Viper soon but also said that you would need one of their radios to pick up their calls.

The new license wouldn't work on Viper.

NightF0x

I wouldn't read too much into what he said, other than they were considering a change in their radios. I was just putting out what he said and that it could be related to possibly going to NXDN :)

Knowing Polk county, I'd highly doubt they'd be going to VIPER. Everything else for them would likely make the move to NXDN trunked like Henderson if anything-But last I was down there and a few I know from there, they are having problems even keeping up with the first gen Kenwood NX units.

Status
Not open for further replies.