Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
Licence says County of Los Angeles.
1277 Eastern comes back to LA County SCC Sheriff Comm Center
1110 N Eastern Ave is the County ISD Radio Shop

Not at all does this have anything to do with LAFD or the City of Los Angeles Fire Department

I think you are reading into this a little much. The licence comes back to LA County ISD not the Fire Department

LOS ANGELES, COUNTY OF
1110 N EASTERN AVE
LOS ANGELES, CA 90063
ATTN GARY POON

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Not at all does this have anything to do with LAFD or the City of Los Angeles Fire Department

I think you are reading into this a little much. The licence comes back to LA County ISD not the Fire Department

You'd know better than I, I was going by control point 2 whose address is 1320 N EASTERN AVE, LOS ANGELES, LOS ANGELES, CA

Either way, just thought it was interesting that it was a new license in the 39 mhz band.

dgower

Premium Subscriber
That channel is being built out countywide by LARICS as the low band "LARTCS" interoperability channel. And all LACO, LASD, LACoFD and LARICS frequencies are licensed to LACO ISD.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Other than CHP, good luck getting any dept's still on low band to reprogram their radios (i.e. Avalon). They don't do any programming - the chief just clones used handhelds and mobiles as he orders them. No frequency changes, no interop... just their stuff. Thank God they have a few HT1250 VHF's and a few dual band Wouxun's for interop (if ever needed). Then again, very small town, and they don't have the money for anything flashy.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
D
LA County Lifeguards have 4 or 5 low band channels that are still in use by their boats
I thought only Catalina Baywatch boats were the only ones still using low band. Everyone else uses V-14D, 15D, or 16D with the beach guards. Even the Catalina crews are waiting for a new repeater system on V-19 to be set up on TWR, BJM, Dakin, and BWA station to cover the whole island with a tac-channel. Who knows how long it will take ISD to complete, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.