New license issued for Henderson County NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nated1992

Would be nice for them to switch the radio System up a bit and in encrypt some traffic... I wonder if this will still be used with the NXDN system.

That's correct. This is for the site that was installed at the new emergency services HQ on Asheville Hwy.

Barnstormer7

That's correct. This is for the site that was installed at the new emergency services HQ on Asheville Hwy.
Picking up several of the freq's here in Flat Rock. Court House, Law enforcement and Asheville Airport so far. Too far away to hear both sides of all the talk I think.

Picking up several of the freq's here in Flat Rock. Court House, Law enforcement and Asheville Airport so far. Too far away to hear both sides of all the talk I think.

What are you picking up from those sites?

Barnstormer7

What are you picking up from those sites?
I got a dispatch for HP on an accident on I-26 and Henderson co police. dispatch also. Can hear the LEO reporting traffic at the court house( I think). Picking up Airport Security. Going to drive closer today and see if I can get more info. Have some talk groups and RAN but have to listen more to match it all up. Some or most of it is Encrypted which makes it difficult to sort out.

Correct on the encryption. All county communications on the NXDN county system are encrypted. (even the event channels during like the Apple Festival) I believe some of the courthouse traffic along with some city (HPD) ops are still open NXDN. The airport is on an NXDN system as well but not encrypted. You may also be hearing Pardee hospital security some. They are still using analog VHF for their comms.

Barnstormer7

Correct on the encryption. All county communications on the NXDN county system are encrypted. (even the event channels during like the Apple Festival) I believe some of the courthouse traffic along with some city (HPD) ops are still open NXDN. The airport is on an NXDN system as well but not encrypted. You may also be hearing Pardee hospital security some. They are still using analog VHF for their comms.
Just got back in WNC and noticed there is still some NXDN talk that is not encrypted. Will try to sort it out this week. Have you picked up anything?

You may be picking up some of Hendersonville city. HPD has begun switching over to the county system but still uses their system quite a bit which was standard repeated NXDN channels before.

Barnstormer7

Definitely receiving HPD and the Airport security. Couple others I'm going to try to figure out today, cause I'm bored and It's cold outside. (y)

Ah yes. The airport is trunked ultra narrow band but not encrypted. Forgot about them. Polk county was talking of moving to NXDN but they're a ways from it. That being said, some of the departments may be using it on their repeaters. A few of the Hendo county departments were doing mixed mode on their repeaters as well.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber

Link is still working for me. There were some bugs with coverage on the NXDN when they initially switched but I believe most of those have been addressed now.

Granaas6

Feed Provider
I have also been picking up some police chatter on what I think is Henderson Co. NXDN
Not sure if I have them programed right. I attached what I have programed in. Just change the .txt to .hpe

Attachments

• HEND NXDN.txt.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 24

Barnstormer7

Ah yes. The airport is trunked ultra narrow band but not encrypted. Forgot about them. Polk county was talking of moving to NXDN but they're a ways from it. That being said, some of the departments may be using it on their repeaters. A few of the Hendo county departments were doing mixed mode on their repeaters as well.
Yes, VN- 6.25 spacing. The ones I receive are crystal clear and I'm up off Little River Rd. One day I'll take my R30 closer and see if I receive more.

Status
Not open for further replies.