New Loudoun TGs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't anyone else get frustrated when unconfirmed info gets submitted to the database?

Anyone listening to the recent entries can attest that a good percentage of these new HEX IDs listed are full-time ENC talkgroups!

Unfortunately, these will now end up in the PSR-800 library by next week and slow down everyones scan rotation.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Doesn't anyone else get frustrated when unconfirmed info gets submitted to the database?

Anyone listening to the recent entries can attest that a good percentage of these new HEX IDs listed are full-time ENC talkgroups!

Unfortunately, these will now end up in the PSR-800 library by next week and slow down everyones scan rotation.

Well I worry when people start messing around with the TGs and Frequencies if they do not know what they are doing but I think "dtscho" is a reliable guy. I am just wondering if Loudoun is really ready to go live with these new TG or if this is just some wish list of what one day they would like to have (which is why I asked). BTW, have you broken down and purchased an 800 yet?-LOL

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Well I worry when people start messing around with the TGs and Frequencies if they do not know what they are doing but I think "dtscho" is a reliable guy. I am just wondering if Loudoun is really ready to go live with these new TG or if this is just some wish list of what one day they would like to have (which is why I asked). BTW, have you broken down and purchased an 800 yet?-LOL

You are right about "dtscho" -- but he is just the RR DB Admin. He posts what RR users submit - he doesnt just reserach and come up with what to post on his own.

leonzo

Premium Subscriber
Well the talkgroups posted are in the radios so I can confirm that by name they are valid. Currently they are not used or monitored officially. Soimetimes a couple of deputies will use them for chit chat but unless you have a PSR-800 you won't hear anything on them. They are not talkgroups that you need to have in a scan list. Currently only Sterling and Dulles talkgroups are being used for day to day operations. And yes I mean Dulles car to car, Dulles tac one and two, Sterling car to car, Sterling tac one and two.

leonzo

Premium Subscriber
Well the talkgroups posted are in the radios so I can confirm that by name they are valid. Currently they are not used or monitored officially. Sometimes a couple of deputies will use them for chit chat but unless you have a PSR-800 you won't hear anything on them. They are not talkgroups that you need to have in a scan list. Currently only Sterling and Dulles talkgroups are being used for day to day operations. And yes I meant to include Dulles car to car, Dulles tac one and two, Sterling car to car, Sterling tac one and two.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
dtscho just added them probably from someone submitting them. I've heard a few of those TGs a while back but didn't submit because I wasn't sure what they were actually called. It looks looks like the person that submitted them has some info that may have helped with what they are going to be used for. We'll have to wait and see what they actually become.

I don't really see a problem with them getting added to the database. I think people that submit info and are most always correct, the database administrators may trust their judgement better than someone that is new at submitting them. How is dtscho supposed to actually confirm the data is correct? I don't see him calling the county and asking for a radio tech to confirm some talkgroup data.

If you don't like the fact that the "unconfirmed" data will be in your PSR-800, don't update the library or update your database from it. You don't have to use the library.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Well the talkgroups posted are in the radios so I can confirm that by name they are valid. Currently they are not used or monitored officially. Soimetimes a couple of deputies will use them for chit chat but unless you have a PSR-800 you won't hear anything on them. They are not talkgroups that you need to have in a scan list. Currently only Sterling and Dulles talkgroups are being used for day to day operations. And yes I mean Dulles car to car, Dulles tac one and two, Sterling car to car, Sterling tac one and two.

Thank you. :)

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
dtscho just added them probably from someone submitting them. I've heard a few of those TGs a while back but didn't submit because I wasn't sure what they were actually called. It looks looks like the person that submitted them has some info that may have helped with what they are going to be used for. We'll have to wait and see what they actually become.

I don't really see a problem with them getting added to the database. I think people that submit info and are most always correct, the database administrators may trust their judgement better than someone that is new at submitting them. How is dtscho supposed to actually confirm the data is correct? I don't see him calling the county and asking for a radio tech to confirm some talkgroup data.

If you don't like the fact that the "unconfirmed" data will be in your PSR-800, don't update the library or update your database from it. You don't have to use the library.
Think Mike is right. Thought I saw a Brambleton Car 2 Car TG today on the 800 but that was about it. I loaded the new TGs on the 996XT and held the radio on the CC. Did not see any of the new TG come up though. However the reception on the 800 has been good this week and I am wondering if they installed any new repeaters on the western side of the mountain. In any event Loudoun certainly is set up for the future. Seems to have more TG than PW Co now and PW has 100K more people. Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year,

Jeff M

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Well the talkgroups posted are in the radios so I can confirm that by name they are valid. Currently they are not used or monitored officially. Sometimes a couple of deputies will use them for chit chat but unless you have a PSR-800 you won't hear anything on them. They are not talkgroups that you need to have in a scan list. Currently only Sterling and Dulles talkgroups are being used for day to day operations. And yes I meant to include Dulles car to car, Dulles tac one and two, Sterling car to car, Sterling tac one and two.

FYI, everything new below the dispatch and tac stuff is incorrect and should not have been submitted... just sayin ;-)

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
FYI, everything new below the dispatch and tac stuff is incorrect and should not have been submitted... just sayin ;-)

If you know its wrong, then submit the correct info.

Just sayin (I really hate that phrase just as much as "like" every other word and "whatever" )

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
If you know its wrong, then submit the correct info.

Just sayin (I really hate that phrase just as much as "like" every other word and "whatever" )

As quoted in the RR DB Admin handbook...
The goal of the RR database is to catalog accurate, confirmed data contributed by our vast group of users. “Unidentified” data is specifically to be excluded from the database. The database is not intended to be a collection of notes or guesses.

All I am 'sayin' is that most of these appear to be just that... a collection of notes or guesses!

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
As quoted in the RR DB Admin handbook...

All I am 'sayin' is that most of these appear to be just that... a collection of notes or guesses!

Sounds like more than notes.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
So, I guess leonzo seems to have cleared up everthing. I'll quit trying to help.

If it were me and I saw something wrong in the DB knowing it was wrong since I knew more then I was letting on, I would just let it slide. If I couldn't help by providing the correct info, what's the difference? What was submitted was more than anyone else has submitted. I know of other systems in the DB that have incorrect but don't think its a good idea to have it published.

In any case, those that are maybe wrong will get corrected in time.

Last edited:

loco-lee

I tend to agree with c5, if TG info is wrong or unknown I don't want it in my scanner or in the database. For those who own HP-1 or PSR-800, all the more reason not to put it in the database until confirmed. For everyone else, there is always the wildcard.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I tend to agree with c5, if TG info is wrong or unknown I don't want it in my scanner or in the database. For those who own HP-1 or PSR-800, all the more reason not to put it in the database until confirmed. For everyone else, there is always the wildcard.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with him to an extent. But, unless he's able to provide confirmed proof how is the data able to be disproven? Like I said before, the DB admins aren't going to call up the county radio tech to have them confirm. I would venture to guess that the majority of the data in the RR DB are provided and posted in this manor especially for TGs. Think about the 3800mhz DoD systems? How the beck are they really confirmed? Normal frequencies can be checked against the FCC DB. The RR DB isn't perfect and it won't ever be but its the best and only one of its kind. Until there's something better, we all will need to accept it and deal with it.

Nobody really has to use it.

Last edited:

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Looks like it was updated again, or rather corrected (we hope). I think I know where the updates came from, so thanks! :)

Glad someone was willing to share. Mike, I just couldn't say much more than something was wrong becasue I came by my info on the job and I dont just give out the info I come into that way. All is well that ends well.

Status
Not open for further replies.