New LPD Sectors & Callsigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceranes

The City of Lansing Police Department restructured the layout of the city by moving away from districts and into sectors. There are four total sectors for the city. In doing so, they changed the callsigns that each unit uses on the air. They used to say 3A6 (3 Adam 6), to mean a single officer in the third district. Now it's 33A23, and I know it's a single officer, but not entirely sure what the 33 means? Does anyone have an idea or know where I can find out?

Thank you!
ceranes

freema22

Feed Provider
The City of Lansing Police Department restructured the layout of the city by moving away from districts and into sectors. There are four total sectors for the city. In doing so, they changed the callsigns that each unit uses on the air. They used to say 3A6 (3 Adam 6), to mean a single officer in the third district. Now it's 33A23, and I know it's a single officer, but not entirely sure what the 33 means? Does anyone have an idea or know where I can find out?

Thank you!
ceranes

It could be a beat number. I don't know if the sectors are broken down into any smaller units. but it is a possibility.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
33 is the county code for Michigan; all units in Ingham County are known as 33xxx units. Their just conforming to the rest of the counties standardizations.

spartanguy

Premium Subscriber
The first two digits represent the shift platoon since they went back to 10-hour shifts. Second two numbers represent sector/car assignment. The number 3 as a agency # is assigned to Lansing PD as part of countywide dispatching:

Platoon 1 0600-1600 (example 31A10)
Platoon 2 1130-2130 (example 32A10)
Platoon 3 1700-0300 (example 33A10)
Platoon 4 2030-0630 (example 34A10)

ceranes

Thanks spartanguy and to everyone else who responded.

I will have to pay attention to the last set of numbers when I hear them. I know there are only 4 sectors, but I am hearing numbers in the 50s and 60s at times.

ceranes

After turning on the scanner today, within a mater of 20 minutes, I heard several new unit designations. These included three "Victor" units, and a 32T94 unit, which I know is probably a traffic unit. The 94 doesn't fit the theory from spartanguy, about the last two digits are the sector/car assignment. Since there are only 4 sectors, I wonder if 94 is the car number? The general patrol cars fit with what Spartanguy mentioned before.

i5adam8

I believe its a Motorcycle or traffic unit. If I'm not mistaken the 90 series unit designators are divided up between Traffic(Tom) cars and Motorcycle(Mary) units ie M-94,T-95 ect

Status
Not open for further replies.