New LT system in Ptbo ? 862.6000mHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEOMANTRIC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have a crap-tacular scanner so I am unable to find anything else out, other than the frequency of the control channel, and that it seems to be an LT system. No activity so far, but since I'm bored of Fleetnet I'll be dedicating to this channel for at least a day. If anyone knows anything about this, I'd be interested.

NEOMANTRIC

Banned
This came up a little after 11 in ID search mode.

0-27-007. Just a couple seconds of noise. No voice.

NEOMANTRIC

Banned
That is an invalid ID.. 1 to 20 are the valid numbers for the home repeater.

Logic Trunked Systems

Matt

That was a neat little read. I have a bit of an idea who might be using the system now. Now time to just start logging like a mofo and get some data going here. I didn't think I'd be going downcreek with the equipment I have, but so far so good. I'll try to keep reporting back, but I don't always have the scanner/PC at the ready.

DaveH

I wouldn't call them CC's, they are Home Repeaters (big difference).

TAFL doesn't show anything for these frequencies. Which scanner are you
using? Could it possibly be an image of another frequency? Usually, channels
are on odd 12.5kHz steps (xxx.5875 xxx.6125 etc.) but there are exceptions.

And as you can see, any HR > 20 is bogus decoding; it happens.

Dave

Last edited:

NEOMANTRIC

Banned
I wouldn't call them CC's, they are Home Repeaters (big difference).

TAFL doesn't show anything for these frequencies. Which scanner are you
using? Could it possibly be an image of another frequency? Usually, channels
are on odd 12.5kHz steps (xxx.5875 xxx.6125 etc.) but there are exceptions.

And as you can see, any HR > 20 is bogus decoding; it happens.

Dave

I have no idea about decoding or any technical stuff. I was just throwing the new information out there. God knows this area is a boring scan, so anything new or upcoming is a nice ray of light; regardless of my abililty to map or track the system, I know something is there. I've heard some places shares licenses or something to that effect, rendering a search in the database useless essentially. I don't want to go digging, I was just hoping someone with the same equipment that found the PLPS system in its early stages. Whoever that was had the equipment and know how to at least figure out more than what I am capable of reporting.

NEOMANTRIC

Banned
No one has had any luck yet ? For what its worth, I have a feeling that this is a new fire system being put in. Those guys are always having issues with range\reception. Just a hunch though. When someone maps this system, I want the credit for finding it first haha.

DaveH

We'll help if we can, but I'm inclined to agree, fire going to an 800MHz LTR system
is highly unlikely unless the evidence is clearly so. Can you check with another
receiver to verify that what you're hearing (at least the LTR idle blips) show on
the same frequencies? And specifically which scanner did you hear them on?

Dave

NEOMANTRIC

Banned
We'll help if we can, but I'm inclined to agree, fire going to an 800MHz LTR system
is highly unlikely unless the evidence is clearly so. Can you check with another
receiver to verify that what you're hearing (at least the LTR idle blips) show on
the same frequencies? And specifically which scanner did you hear them on?

Dave

I have no clue about what services are inclined to use what system. I'm a total noob at this. I found a frequency and thought it was worth sharing/discussing. The point I was making was that stating what the frequency isn't, does not add anything useful to the discussion. I'm certain its not an alien communication system either, so I guess that helps. I have no other receiver to check on, just the basic model I have been using. The 396t. That's why I was saying someone with the proper equipment should come check the scene out. Now, that would help.

NEOMANTRIC

Banned
Dave, anything to report yet? I've been listening to some crazy stuff on the 900-950mhz range but I'm still waiting for someone to do work on this new system I found.

DaveH

As I'm not near PBO there's not much more I can do...other than to suggest if you are
still listening to it, see if you get some valid decodes for group IDs, and you may
be able to identify the repeater numbers. Otherwise someone else in the area needs
to take up the task.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.