New Mall Monitoring Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Okay, so there is a new mall that opened up in my area. I found the FCC license and frequencies for the site. However, I'm pretty dumb in determining which is the TX and RX frequencies. Can someone help me out please? Also, can someone tell me what type of system it may be? I'm thinking a flavor of LTR. Like I said, I'm dumb on this part.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQZB315 - Lockard Outlets Corpus Christi Bay LLC - Frequencies Summary

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Syncoaptions.

(Moderators, if this is in the wrong forum, please move it to the correct one.)

shadcall

I would put in the frequencies listed on the FCC readout. According to the Emissions it is a DMR system so your scanners will need to be able to decode DMR.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Like I said, I'm dumb on this part. If I were to monitor, what should I put into my scanners, which are DMR ready?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Like I said, I'm dumb on this part. If I were to monitor, what should I put into my scanners, which are DMR ready?
Open that FCC license link that you included in the original post:

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQZB315 - Lockard Outlets Corpus Christi Bay LLC - Frequencies Summary

Now, click on the Frequency tab.

You see all the frequencies on the license there. But only, 451.7250, is coded as FB2, which is a repeater. See station codes in the Wiki.

If I were programming that mall into my one of my 436HP's, I would enter that one frequency 451.7250, into a new system, using type DMR One Frequency Trunk. While the license is technically not classed as trunking, entering it into an OFT system would allow you to see any talkgroup ID's that are in use, for various departments at the mall. Maybe one for maintenance, one for security, etc.

The other frequencies, I would put into a new Conventional system. Note that these are simplex (the exception being 456.7250, which is the input for the repeater 451.725, in the OFT system). I would skip 456.7250. The simplex frequencies, without a repeater, would be for talking between personnel at the mall, and likely would be monitorable only at, or at least close to, the facility.

Set your audio type to Digital, and leave the Color Code set for search. Once you determine which code the mall uses, then update it accordingly. Since these business frequencies are often assigned to more than one user, you may hear traffic from one or more users not affiliated with the mall. Once you can determine the correct color code used by the mall, you can update it to eliminate reception of other users.

Status
Not open for further replies.