New Medevacs In Ky....

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone monitored either of the two new Medevacs in Kentucky?

One is MedFlight 2 based at Kings Daughter Hospital in Ashland operated by C.J. Systems (they also operate MedFlight 1 at Pikeville Methodist and recently purchased Statcare out of Louisville and Glasgow)...

The other is Wings Air Rescue III based at Jenkins operated by Mountain States Health Alliance (Johnson City, TN)...

kyguy

Do you know what freqs they are operating on? I have put the pikeville freqs (155.280 + 155.265) in and not heard anything yet. I will keep you posted.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I hear Medflight 1 (out of Pikeville) on 155.280/151.4PL frequently.... have heard them a few times on 155.265 but their "Company" freq is the .280 freq. Don't know if they are using that in Ashland or another freq.... heard one of the Medflights haul from Mc Dowell ARH to Lexington and then return to Big Sandy Airport for fuel earlier this morning.... but don't know which one was on the air.... Heard Wings III in Lexington on Sunday but didn't catch their N-Number nor find them on a "Company" Freq.... heard them on the aviation freqs as Lifeguard Wings 3 (but I only monitor the aviation freqs seriously on Sunday afternoons)..... we'll get 'em sooner or later~!

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Hi timjude.... are you hearing both birds on 155.280/151.4Pl? It would seem they would keep the same freq since they fly a large area of the state... but just wondering..... Have you heard the Wings III chopper? They seem to prefer flying to the Tennessee Med Centers, but I have heard them a few times in Lexington.... keep us all posted....

kyguy

medflight 2

I have heard them several times, now. They aint saying much. Most of the time all I hear is "enroute to xyz hospital with 1+ 1/2 hour of fuel. I think all they're doing is still hospital xfers. I have not heard of them getting a "trauma call" yet, the local ems still requests healthnet (out of huntington wv) for trauma calls.

kyguy

Ooops....

Ooops, left that part out. I've only heard them on 155.280 + 155.340(hosp freq) on .340 all they say [to hosp] is "at lz ,no changes since contact".

Status
Not open for further replies.