New Member here

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGer4

Hi there,
I currently have the Uniden SDS100. It's really a cool unit; if I can figure out how to get the Oakland County Cities PD.
I noticed here in the Radio Ref. data base for Oakland County, everything is a CLEMIS (OakWin) Public Safety Com. In the notes, it says total encryption? I see all the new frequencies there.
I have Sentinel installed on PC, downloaded everything for Oakland County cities PD. Listened for a few weeks... nobody talks on those 42.oooo channels anymore... as far as the PD"s go. There are a few Fire & Rescue cities on those old channels.
I down loaded Macomb and Wayne, and everything comes in clear. I tried to follow the steps from the Radio Ref. to download from web service?
Just unclear of the steps involved to enter the CLMIS frequencies. Or... don't even try, because its encrypted?
I used to listen with an old Uniden scanner but that was before all the Oakland Counties went to CLEMIS.
Anyhow, it was fun listening when I could.

CGer4

Interesting.
When I used Sentinel to down load the MPSCS for Oakland County into the SDS 100, wow... it down loaded every county in MI. with all the channels.
It seemed to take some time to go through all of the MPSCS MI Counties on the SDS 100. The result was pretty much all silence after the scan. After many scans of silence, this ran my battery down sooner than I thought.
Perhaps there is a way to use MPSCP just for my local area? Don't know for sure, since I'm new and exploring. I'm starting to get use to Sentinel by deleting my favorites and starting over again. Didn't have many favorites to begin with.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
When you append a trunked system to a Favorites List, it adds all the sites.
You just need to delete or avoid the sites you don't want, or use location control to have the scanner ignore them.

freqs

Southfield Services are analog . Now most Fire are on a patch to Open Sky So check out the Database for those Freqs .
MPSCS does have some Oakland County Related traffic EMS.
MSP does patrol some Oakland County Cities Royal Oak Twp split with OCS
MSP Post 21 Patrols freeways within Oakland County.
With that said you will still enjoy that rig .It is stiil up in thge air that once Oaklnd County goes MPSCS if it will be Encrypted till it happens

Golay

Southfield PD uses their own system, which can be monitored.

Thanks for the info. I got a Moto 6550 for ham DMR. Been kicking around putting a few freqs to listen to between actual ham activity.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Interesting.
When I used Sentinel to down load the MPSCS for Oakland County into the SDS 100, wow... it down loaded every county in MI. with all the channels.
It seemed to take some time to go through all of the MPSCS MI Counties on the SDS 100. The result was pretty much all silence after the scan. After many scans of silence, this ran my battery down sooner than I thought.
Perhaps there is a way to use MPSCP just for my local area? Don't know for sure, since I'm new and exploring. I'm starting to get use to Sentinel by deleting my favorites and starting over again. Didn't have many favorites to begin with.
Turn on location control in your favorite list, and the scanner won't scan every site in the state.

CGer4

Okay, if I understand this correctly??
Download from Sentential into the SDS 100 all the MI Counties that are on the MPSCS?
Then make the adjustments with the Location control in the favorites list on the SDS 100?
Thanks, All.. for the assistance.

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
Okay, if I understand this correctly??
Download from Sentential into the SDS 100 all the MI Counties that are on the MPSCS?
Then make the adjustments with the Location control in the favorites list on the SDS 100?
Thanks, All.. for the assistance.
You only need to append departments and/or talkgroups that you want to listen to. The software will automatically add all the sites which you can then delete, avoid, or use location control to avoid. Sure you could just append the whole system, but why not keep your list a little less cluttered? Personally, I delete the sites I don't need.

rdlinn

Premium Subscriber
If you ever travel with the scanner, deleting sites is a bad idea.
I live in north Arkansas so if I load the entire AWIN site list for Arkansas State Police and use location control it will only scan the sites within the predefined range? I currently have deleted all but 5 sites nearest my location thinking it will speed up the scanlist. If I have my zipcode entered with a range of 15 miles it should scan only the sites nearest the zipcode? If I travel and change the zipcode then it should recieve other sites within my 15 mile range?

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
I live in north Arkansas so if I load the entire AWIN site list for Arkansas State Police and use location control it will only scan the sites within the predefined range?
Yes.
I currently have deleted all but 5 sites nearest my location thinking it will speed up the scanlist. If I have my zipcode entered with a range of 15 miles it should scan only the sites nearest the zipcode?
Yes. Keep in mind that the geographic size of the zip code vs. the size of the area you want to monitor may affect that. It also depends on the range of the site, as set in the database.
If I travel and change the zipcode then it should recieve other sites within my 15 mile range?
If you have the range set for 15, the scanner will add that to the range of the site, which may also be 15, which means the scanner will try to scan sites 30 miles away, if you have those sites programmed and not avoided.

Check this:

rdlinn

Premium Subscriber
I've found it possible to change the range of a certain site in Sentinal, I've also found by reducing the range on SDS 100 I can eliminate unwanted/un needed sites. By increasing range in Sentinal for a site, is that going to actually increase it's range or is what is set in RR as far as it goes?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Changing things in Sentinel has zero effect on the RadioReference database. All changes there are made by admins based on user submissions.

As to the rest, read this:

rdlinn

Premium Subscriber
I've had the gps for about 2 days now and set my location range to 0, so far I think it's the best way to narrow the scan list. I'm still using a favorites list to scan only my local area, as for the entire database goes does the gps eliminate departments out of range that aren't P25? I've noticed all the sites on the AWIN are out with the exception of two or three that are near my location. There is a ton of national frequencies that I don't care about that are still being scanned, seems like a lot of work to avoid all of those.

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
I've had the gps for about 2 days now and set my location range to 0, so far I think it's the best way to narrow the scan list. I'm still using a favorites list to scan only my local area, as for the entire database goes does the gps eliminate departments out of range that aren't P25?
Yes, and those that are P25 as well. Range is range, regardless of the type of system.

I've noticed all the sites on the AWIN are out with the exception of two or three that are near my location.
That's the GPS and your range settings doing what they do.

There is a ton of national frequencies that I don't care about that are still being scanned, seems like a lot of work to avoid all of those.
There is a setting in the menu of the radio called "Set Nationwide..." something. (Sorry, I don't remember what it's called, and I don't have my radio in front of me to look.) Selecting that will allow you to disable all/some of those national frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.