New member in King Co. BC 560XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, people, I am a new member here in Federal Way, and took my old scanner out of storage. I realize this is not going to get alot of coverage w/o trunking ability, but I am wondering if I may get some input on the most active channel for KCPD, PCPD, SCPD, WSP?. I will be upgrading to a better scanner as I learn more here on the forum. Thanks in advance, Guy.

Last edited:

AtomicTaco

I'm in the Auburn/Federal Way (although at the beginning of this year it officially turned into Auburn) and I know for a fact that if you want to listen to PD, you're going to have to get a scanner that will do Moto trunk tracking. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but the only ones that are still conventional are the WSPs. Even Federal Way Public Schools Security is on the trunked system (though Transportation is 154.515 with PL of 114.8).

We must be neighbors (I am near 288th & military) Could you recommend a entry level scanner, preferrably a desktop that would allow me to get Pierce, King, Snohomish, Skagit Co's?
I'm in the Auburn/Federal Way (although at the beginning of this year it officially turned into Auburn) and I know for a fact that if you want to listen to PD, you're going to have to get a scanner that will do Moto trunk tracking. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but the only ones that are still conventional are the WSPs. Even Federal Way Public Schools Security is on the trunked system (though Transportation is 154.515 with PL of 114.8).

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I will take a look at these today. Which one would you suggest? I see the 2055 is $40 more, but are the addded options worth the extra purchase price?
If you are looking for a base scanner, Radio Shack has the Pro-2055 for $160 and the Pro-433 for $120. The sale ends next Sat. the 14th.
I live close to you also, I'm at Dash Point road & 4th Ave S.

Last edited:

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
with a trunking system I would be looking at a scanner that has a alpha tag display and the 433 will not. you have to remember all the talkgroups what a pain that can be.

AtomicTaco

I'm southeast of 288th & Military, but I pass through that intersecetion at least twice a day.

And if that location that had the floor model was the SeaTac mall location, don't buy from Lorenzo. I've had a few bad experiences from him. Your best bet is to drive across the street to Ross Plaza; if you're lucky, you'll be helped by Bob.

You must be near TJ High school. The Ross location is correct, if I decide to get this, I will ask for Bob, take care, Guy.
I'm southeast of 288th & Military, but I pass through that intersecetion at least twice a day.

And if that location that had the floor model was the SeaTac mall location, don't buy from Lorenzo. I've had a few bad experiences from him. Your best bet is to drive across the street to Ross Plaza; if you're lucky, you'll be helped by Bob.

AtomicTaco

You must be near TJ High school. The Ross location is correct, if I decide to get this, I will ask for Bob, take care, Guy.
4 minute drive right before school starts, 3 minutes with no traffic.

Bob is the store manager; he usually works weekdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.