New Member - Prattville Area Frequency List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ4HWE

Good afternoon everyone! My name is Steve. I had surgery on my foot yesterday and will be laid up for at least the next 3 weeks. So I dug my Radio Shack PRO-94 and Regency MX5500 out of the closet--I figure now will be a good time to get back into monitoring! I've looked at the database and seen a lot of frequencies, although I doubt a lot of them are active. I've entered all of the frequencies into the scanner but I have a lot of dead air as it scans and I've missed a lot of the calls because of it.

Does anyone have a frequency list for the Prattville area they would be willing to share? I'm interested in it all--PS, RR, ATC...

Cheers in advance! --Steve

MXER

For Prattville, I can confirm the Public Safety frequencies are in use on the Radio Reference Database.

Sanitation and Road Crews also are being used.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
I live in Prattville myself. Most of the frequencies in the database are in use. The ones that aren't in use yet are: 153.76250 Autaugaville PD, 155.98500 and 158.88000 Rescue Squad, 154.34000 and 155.89500 PFD.

Prattville also has a couple of narrowband VHF frequencies that aren't in use yet. The Central Alabama Drug Task Force has three VHF frequencies, but i've never heard anything on them so far.

Take care, and get well soon!

Warren

KJ4HWE

Thanks Warren! The last time I did any real monitoring the Pro-94 was about as cutting-edge as it got. I see I have some catching up to do. I'm glad Prattville hasn't gone MOTOTRBO or ProVoice (not that I really understand what those are).

Cheers--Steve

wwhitby

Feed Provider
You're welcome Steve. I hope your foot gets well soon! I just got finished with therapy on my wrist after having to have surgery to repair torn cartilledge.

Right now, only the fire department (KCY202) is licensed for any frequencies that are narrowband (all analog, no trunking.) The PD's frequencies are still wideband.

I was told by one individual that an PD officer had told him that the PD and FD was going to go to a new system, but didn't know any details. This was before the budget mess that we've had the last couple of years, so I don't see anything happening soon other than the mandatory narrowband cutover in the next 15 months.

I believe the SO has already switched over to their narrowband licenses. Some of their radios were reprogrammed a couple of months ago.

The new Autauga Northern RR that is leasing NS' line to Maplesville is using 160.485 and 160.290. The frequencies for CSX are in the rr.com database under Alabama. Grouby field also monitors 122.8 as well as 121.5.

Don't forget to put in DPS. Their frequencies are under the State DPS page here on rr.com. Be sure to put them all in.

BTW, if you want to use ATCSMon on the computer, I run an ATCSMon server that has good coverage from Birmingham to Montgomery and a little further south. Let me know if you need more information.

Take care,

Warren

KJ4HWE

Thanks for all the information Warren! I would like to run ATCSMon, how do I get started? I'd shoot you a PM but I must not have enough posts on here to enable that function.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Thanks for all the information Warren! I would like to run ATCSMon, how do I get started? I'd shoot you a PM but I must not have enough posts on here to enable that function.

The best thing to do is go to the ATCSMon group and sign up. Then, you'll be able to access the software and monitoring kits. The URL is ATCS_Monitor : ATCSMonitor

Let me know if you need any help getting ATCSMon set up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.