New member question on downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainesvilleman

Premium Subscriber
I have a Whistler ws1065 scanner also the ws 1040 hand held, I have been trying to download from Radio Reference (yes I am a paid member and authorized to do this), I live in Florida, Alachua County, Gainesville. I have downloaded everything it tells me to download and still can't see how to download to the scanner? Any help would be very helpful.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I have a Whistler ws1065 scanner also the ws 1040 hand held, I have been trying to download from Radio Reference (yes I am a paid member and authorized to do this), I live in Florida, Alachua County, Gainesville. I have downloaded everything it tells me to download and still can't see how to download to the scanner? Any help would be very helpful.
You need the programming software for your scanners. That will download the RR data and pump it into your scanner. (You don't download the RR data directly, the programming software does.)

Jump over to the Whistler sub-forum and look through the threads pertaining to your particular models. You'll find plenty of info about the available software and how to best use it.

Good luck and have fun.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I own a RadioShack PRO-651, a.k.a. Whistler WS1040. While everyone will have their favorites, I've been using PSREDIT500, and find that software to be fairly intuitive, with very fast uploads to the scanner.

Gainesvilleman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I have this one also, but now my problem is even that I am a prime member it will not open the upload button for me??? I will call during the week and see what the problem is... Also my scanner is stuck on the program mode "wait for pc/if, so I am stuck in the water now anyway and will have to wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.