Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyhxcpop

Hi - I just got my first scanner. I bought it from Joe Tomasso who is on this group as joetnymedic@aol.com. I am really happy with the radio as he programmed it for me and everything. I use the radio at my job covering the New Haven Area. He gave me some codes for some local things, but I am not sure where I can find the other ones I need. It's also very confusing at times listening as I am not always sure who it is. I have a list, but sometimes things happen so fast. Any ideas?

Becki

jb872033

What kind of scanner?...gotta know what kind of things you want to hear, medical, police, fire? theres a lot to listen to...gotta figure out how many channels you are working wit..as far as getting to know what you are listen to...your scanner may have alpha tags for lists...but the more you listen the more you will recognize specific systems...good luck!

JB

dirtyhxcpop

it is a radio shack pro83. i wanted something that would get state police but there was no way i could afford it. joe told me that this would not get them but he hooked me up with just about everywhere around here. i have the whole new haven area and can hear bridgeport and i bunch of other stuff. just alot of things. i didnt have much money but i am very happy with this scanner radio

becki

jb872033

the pro-84 is a good conventional scanner, if you have channels free try the C-med freqs, and look in the database....quite helplful for programming, more specifically...enjoy

JB

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
hey beck -
well looks like you found the board - lol
i told you it was cool and will help ya been on this board forever - lol
n1sqb is a great guy to help you, so is ems170 and a bunch of others..
btw cmed is in your radio i believe you should see it at ch 72 - freq is 462.975. gave you med 10, med 6, med 4, med 7, med 1 for up here and med 9 and 2 for fairfield county.
i have the unit numbers and what they are for here and down there if you need them too - let me know

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Hey Joe I didn't know you were popular?!?! LOL :)

Dirty good luck with the scanner and happy listening!

GKENY044

Premium Subscriber
Hi - I just got my first scanner. I bought it from Joe Tomasso who is on this group as joetnymedic@aol.com. I am really happy with the radio as he programmed it for me and everything. I use the radio at my job covering the New Haven Area. He gave me some codes for some local things, but I am not sure where I can find the other ones I need. It's also very confusing at times listening as I am not always sure who it is. I have a list, but sometimes things happen so fast. Any ideas?

Becki

That comes in time, I keep my scanners set up the same way to keep it a bit simpler. I also try and coincide channel numbers as much as possible, ex: cmed has 10 channels (technically 28 but thats another post.) Joe explained the utilization but what i also do is put them in one bank of channels, lets say bank 2 (channel 21-40) and i have the channel in sync with the med channel 2(1) med 1 2(2) med 2 etc.
what town are you in ? as far as codes just ask i dont think there is much not available amoung us. give it a bit of time it comes pretty quick, after awhile you'll be able to tell what dept is on without even looking at the screen.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
You noticed she didn't say anything, she was waiting for it to happen so she can hear it over the radio - lol.

And George - moments? my whole life is a moment-lol!!!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Joe has Moments? No WAY!

Yeah!
He's got issues, but he is a good friend and I like him that way! He's predictable, you know when to avoid him......LOL ....I do have to give it to him, he is very resourceful. just dont get him going on a conversation, he never stops talkin..........Welcome to the best scanning resourse in the world Beck!
Anything we can help you with just ask.....

Manny/N1SQB

Last edited:

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Gee Manny,
Thank you for your support. Issues, me - no come on - lol. As for resourcefulness, can you say Mageyver - lol. BTW Cougar can attest to the design for the off fed dipole being the bomb. Maybe one day if you're good and I feel like it, i'll make you one - lol!!! Anyone else who wants one, you buy, i'll make em. These things are great.

joe

dirtyhxcpop

and joe,
i am not that bad - besides it wouldnt make for a story - lol

now behave yourself

becki

Status
Not open for further replies.