New Metro Ambulances

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4eb

Has anyone noticed the new Metro ambulances in Cobb? I believe they are a Mercedes-Benz chassis. Very european looking. I almost expect to hear the 2-tone european siren!

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
They started getting them about a month ago. The sirens do have the capability to do the 2 tone, but no one ever uses it here.

As much as I like Metro (I worked for them back in the 80's), those ambulances just ain't right! Drivers seem to like them, though.

They started getting them about a month ago. The sirens do have the capability to do the 2 tone, but no one ever uses it here.

As much as I like Metro (I worked for them back in the 80's), those ambulances just ain't right! Drivers seem to like them, though.

Funny enough Mike, I heard one use the two tone siren. I thought I was back in Europe!

As for the trucks, at least they'll last a bit longer than the American brand junk. I'm the most patriotic person I've ever met, but domestic cars just suck. More and more public safety agencies are realizing this and transitioning. There was an agency local here who got quotes for Nissan Maximas for their police cars...

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I spoke with a fella from RBM and he said they are all Mercedes. EMS has changed A LOT from the 80's when back then you went balls to the wall, pedal to the metal to get to the scene. In today's world, you drive the speedlimit and are more closely watched!

Gone are the days of Mother, Jugs and Speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.