New metro scanner feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I have someone who is interested in providing a new feed from the metro Atlanta area. He is located in the Buckhead area and is considering providing a Georgia State Patrol feed off the Atlanta DTRS. The providers residence is on the 25th floor of a high rise in Buckhead.
Some of the pros: this feed would cover ALL traffic incidents which occur on interstates within Atlanta city limits and covers GSP traffic over a very large area. They have a lot of chases, stolen car bail outs, and do a lot of traffic stops for the federal drug units.
I think it would be a an exciting feed at times.

What do you all think? Any other suggestions?

Casey

I too would enjoy a feed.. Anybody with an app could listen to it through a smartphone and that's where you end up seeing a talkgroup going encrypted if enough bad publicity happens (usually a Radioreference story on the front page about that stuff). But again, would love a good feed with that caveat.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
I too would enjoy a feed.. Anybody with an app could listen to it through a smartphone and that's where you end up seeing a talkgroup going encrypted if enough bad publicity happens (usually a Radioreference story on the front page about that stuff). But again, would love a good feed with that caveat.

I dont know what a criminal is going to do listening to troopers make traffic stops all day and responding to wrecks.
I'm working on getting this feed up, possibly by end of next month.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar

Then the media is only making it harder on themselves, as encryption means THEY won't be able to listen in either.

It's a great idea, but I'd also say add the APD TAC-1 and TAC-2 to the same scanlist, as anytime APD/GSP troop C end up in a chase together, often time APD/GSP stay on one of those citywide TAC TG's during the entire chase as does Phoenix 1/2.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Then the media is only making it harder on themselves, as encryption means THEY won't be able to listen in either.

It's a great idea, but I'd also say add the APD TAC-1 and TAC-2 to the same scanlist, as anytime APD/GSP troop C end up in a chase together, often time APD/GSP stay on one of those citywide TAC TG's during the entire chase as does Phoenix 1/2.

True but Ive also heard the TAC's used for special events and other boring traffic details. It would be nice if they had a metro chase TG like some cities do....where when a chase kicks off or other major event they just patch together all the agencies into one TAC. Wishful thinking in Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.