New Mexico DTRS

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
The state system is a hybrid system operating both Phase I and Phase 2 TDMA. With ABQ and Bernalillo county joining lots of new traffic. The system does not broadcast traffic on all sites unless a unit is logged into that site it will broadcast that traffic. I in the ABQ area have heard traffic on the following TG in both Phase I and II
TG 109 D5 DISPATCH
TG 135
TG 139
TG 11 Encrypted
TG 150 Encrypted
TG 151 Encrypted

Some others but these are the heavy hitters. I also can confirm Rio Rancho, Sandoval County are joining the state radio system along with rumors all of Valencia county and Torrance county.

With all the stupid riots going on the system has been very busy with both Encrypted and non encrypted traffic from what is sure to be a join effort mixed of NMSP, APD, BCSO, and federal units. Also AFR and BCFD have been heard on TG14001, 14002, 14003, and 14004. Lots going on.

Also I have heard Las Cruces and Dona Ana county and moving to the state system down south. I think William can confirm this as he is down that way. I know all the NMSP units down south have moved to the 700 system as well.

CorwinScansNM

I am a little confused with the NM DTRS Statewide P25 System after importing it into FreeSCAN from Radio Reference. After importing it to be uploaded to my BCD996P2 Digital Scanner, there is an extra area in FreeSCAN where we can choose the (Site Type) for a Motorola Trunking System under each created Site. Therefore, I am wondering which is the correct or best to choose for monitoring the New Mexico DTRS Statewide P25 System out of 7 Motorola (Site Type) choices?

Please see my attached Print Screen Image to fully see & understand what I am talking about & where in Freescan this available option to choose is.

What Site Type to choose for the NM P25 DTRS.JPG

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I am a little confused with the NM DTRS Statewide P25 System after importing it into FreeSCAN from Radio Reference. After importing it to be uploaded to my BCD996P2 Digital Scanner, there is an extra area in FreeSCAN where we can choose the (Site Type) for a Motorola Trunking System under each created Site. Therefore, I am wondering which is the correct or best to choose for monitoring the New Mexico DTRS Statewide P25 System out of 7 Motorola (Site Type) choices?

Please see my attached Print Screen Image to fully see & understand what I am talking about & where in Freescan this available option to choose is.

View attachment 86293

There isn't a best site type option, there is only one depending on the type of system you are listening to. Mot P25/P25 Standard is what you need to use for monitoring the state system.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I've heard ABQ and Santa Fe State Patrol units all morning. What do you mean when you say they have gone silent?

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
TG 175 & 176 were both active last Thurs 10/15 Friday 10/16 in Abq metro. Sounded like NM State Law agency of some sort Tactical or investigation channels. NM AG or possible NM DPS Investigations maybe?

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed both in use today by NMDHSEM EOC. TDMA audio on both channels.
138 - Special Event 8
139 - Special Event 9

21 - Phase 1 audio also active but appears to be a LE Tac channel or other state agency.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
The NM state EOC is located in SF I believe. Units calling districts all over the state. Appears to be election security related Emergency Mgmt Agency (EMA) comms.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
So if you live in Abq area just discovered that on both my 436 and 536HP if you change the “Digital Threshold Mode” setting from “Auto” to “Manual” mode and fine tune the “Digital Threshold Level” from the default “8” to “7” for each site on the NM DTRS System allot better reception and audio response less choppy on digital transmissions. Think you need to do this for each site though in system settings. Here is a good resource link on how to do this. Go to the P25 adjustment setting section in the manual:

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Looks like two new sites showing up. :)
Los Cruces Area maybe? Can anybody confirm where these are?
Site-10A Primary Control 769.15625
Site-10B Primary Control 769.45625

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Albuquerque Sites. Not sure where but with the city and county joining I know they have been busy installing new site gear at city sites. Just my guess

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Both of those sites are listed in the Pro96com software currently but when I punched those frequencies in got nothing from my location downtown Abq. So not sure if they are Abq or Los Cruces? Like you were saying it is kinda weird they don’t have all of the Abq sites fully operational by now if they plan to switch over Public Safety in Jan. One would think they would want to do some testing first.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
I don’t think any of the new Abq sites are up yet. Maybe Dec or Jan. New Phase 2 talk groups keep showing up though. 14520 active today.

andrew_m

Premium Subscriber
I'm now getting signal from 769.15625 both here at UNM (but I work in a cave) and from my home scanner in Los Lunas. 1605948977746.png

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
I am seeing Site 111 (10B) 769.45625 today strong from East downtown. I am not seeing 769.15625 currently from my location.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Should mention that I have not heard or logged any voice traffic yet on this site. Just see the control channel with NAC850h.