New Mexico DTRS

2wayfreq

More and More sites coming online across the state. Another 22 in the works now. State Police moving over as coverage allows. State police working on radio upgrades to TDMA and AES encryption with overall plan to move to full time AES encryption by late next year. I don't know anyone still using DES encryption. DES IS DEAD. LOL.

The following State Police Districts have made the move to state system
Dist 1
Dist 3
Dist 4
Dist 5
Dist 6
Dist 11
Dist 12

Lots of new sites and lots of new traffic. Sad not much is going to stay in the clear.

Oh Crud! There's that "E" Word again! I just got done programming all of the districts in my G4! :mad: Well, I'll be driving through Los Cruces and Alamogordo areas in May. Maybe I'll get "One Good Listen" out of NMSP before they lock it down! Bummer!!

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I see that Lea County has numerous license applications, pending before the FCC to add new microwave backhaul sites throughout the county. Likewise, a few of the existing microwave sites are being upgraded as well. Are they planning to move over to the New Mexico DTRS?

73's

Ron

Last edited:

mrohrbacher

Borg Central Command
I see that Lea County has numerous license applications, pending before the FCC to add new microwave backhaul sites throughout the county. Likewise, a few of the existing microwave sites are being upgraded as well. Are they planning to move over to the New Mexico DTRS?

73's

Ron
No plans for Lea County to join DTRS that I'm aware of

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
I have heard they plan to use ISSI and connect the LEA County system to the state system so that the state does not have to build out in Lea county. The radios will all roam between the two systems allowing. I think the new Microwave Links are to connect to state sites to allow the ISSI gateways to talk.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber

73's

Ron
No just upgrades on existing infrastructure. Being oil country they own their own system for the towns and county there.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Oh Crud! There's that "E" Word again! I just got done programming all of the districts in my G4! :mad: Well, I'll be driving through Los Cruces and Alamogordo areas in May. Maybe I'll get "One Good Listen" out of NMSP before they lock it down! Bummer!!
It's a inevitable. Some locals plan to do a secondary tg for secure dispatch that join others fully. Mainly your rural counties and small towns seem to be doing the side secure channel setup as needed that heavily relie on reserves and vfds vems.

There has been a group in southern NM on social media hitting a new psap hard calling santa fe recording calls complaining on petty things. In end they just put foot on with for that area and were asked to stop by locals with over posting information and they blocked the locals from the gossip page so the chief and sheriff came up with a solution. So.... Is what it is.