New Mexico DTRS

DigitalRain

If you downloaded the entire US database and created your favorites list from there, all the Agency and Area Command dispatch names should already be named. If you created your own favorite list by entering in all the data yourself, you would need to enter those also.
This is a good video also showing how to do your favorites list, ignore the entire first half. The second half focuses on the favorite list programming. Also, notice everything is already named from the database that was downloaded and this is how it will look in your radio.
Excellent thank you all your help. Looks like it's working correctly now. The Reason the Channel ID's weren't coming up was because i thought i had the updated database when in fact i did not. So my mistake. Did the update made new favorites list and then loaded it onto the radio. and all is good.

wmshook13

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard if/and when the proposed sites on San Antonio Peak, and Touch Me Not might be implemented. These would be in Taos and Colfax counties. Thanks

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
Has BCSO left the EDACS system for P25 pastures? I came back to NM and I'm getting extended silence on the BCSO EDACS talk groups....inquiring minds want to know...

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I'm still hearing APD on the old system...
Anyone need any EDACS radios....?
F
There are still some APD patrol vehicles with the old EDACS radios in them and they haven’t been upgraded yet. So some of the TG’s are being broadcast on both EDACS and on the P25 system. Audio should
improve and be more level once they are 100% on P25 and all the old radios are decommissioned.

ChrisABQ

Question for everyone. I keep hearing mention of Citywide on the APD group, is this an actual TG, Enc. TG or something on the MDT? Have you heard anything regarding this?

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Chris, think you might be right. APD Dispatcher says will check “Citywide”all of the time for a PSA. Thought this was Citywide Tac but maybe not? I don’t hear any audio on the PV system and they don’t seem to switch to the City Tac Encrypted channel that I can tell. New channel maybe?

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
This is going to be a very long term thread. I think the moderators should make it a "sticky thread" as it will be relevant for, my guess, at least 5 years. When the system is fully built out, even if that is 5 years or less, listeners will be reporting talkgroup use for longer than that. This system will evolve for many years to come, with the state and counties finding needs for additional sites due to coverage problems. My observations show 700/800 MHz coverage is challenging in mountain terrain. I foresee challenges in the Catron/Grant Counties area as well as the mountainous terrain roughly north and west of I-25 and from the Jicarilla Reservation east.

I've seen similar systems in other states where the sticky threads for them have been around for more than 5 years. Examples in L.A. County California there is one at 15 years (71 pages) and another at 7 years; in Wyoming the WyoLink system at 13 years; Wisconsin's WISCOM system at 11 years (81 pages); and Pennsylvania's Statewide P25 Phase 2 system at 6 years with a whopping 183 pages so far.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I'm sure Abqscan will sniff that one out for us, come on Erik! :cool:

I caught the mobile units on AFR and they used the call sign CS-xx. CS should stand for City Security right? Then I get dispatcher referencing them to ABQ Ambulance as City Secuirty. I've added it to the DB as City Security.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
I thought CS*** was the APD Crime Scene Techs. They drive around in the crime scene vans and preserve/process evidence.