New Mexico Department of Public Safety

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps, though I wonder if an agreement to roam onto the existing DTRS site there might come first..
I believe the existing DTRS site on San Antonio Mountain is owned and operated by the State of Colorado for its statewide DTRS, which is 800 MHz, not 700 MHz.

I don't know whether or not there would be a problem trying to link to it from the New Mexico DTRS.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
If you live in NM and you are smart you will search 769-775 MHz periodically for new control channels.
I live in New Mexico, but I'm not particularly smart . . . I do, however, occasionally run a 700 MHz search from my location in north central New Mexico . Nothing new, so far . . .

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

KE5ZBG

Premium Subscriber
I believe the existing DTRS site on San Antonio Mountain is owned and operated by the State of Colorado for its statewide DTRS, which is 800 MHz, not 700 MHz.

I don't know whether or not there would be a problem trying to link to it from the New Mexico DTRS.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)
Correct, and any modern radio likely supports both 700 and 800. The question would be if both states could come to an agreement to link the systems via ISSI.

William2910

Correct, and any modern radio likely supports both 700 and 800. The question would be if both states could come to an agreement to link the systems via ISSI.
Agreements already exist as prior the vhf microwaves were in some places. It is a given a state or county will have sites into another state. Whether it is active or not depends on if a user is there using it or needing it. One example is Texas DPS has sites vhf conv up into Dona Ana, Sierra, Otero, etc. El paso SO has small trunked sites as well which BIA Mescalero has to set tone for their old frequency as the digital bleeding was occurring on their channel which happens to be a lightly used trunked channel for EPSO up north. Rarely does anyone affiliate but it does occur. Agreements are a normal specially when federal funds and grants are used.