New Mexico Department of Public Safety

William2910

:unsure: OK, now are you talking meaning that this is possibly Multi-Simulcast usage & Communications being used with the NMSP & possibly others switching & communicating on both P25 FDMA & P25 TDMA? If so, than it sounds like more & more NM Residents like me may need one of the new Uniden SDS Series Digital Scanners to help out with this.
When a system is setup that way if it detects a phase 1 radio it will kick everyone to phase 1 for a talk group etc for interoperability. Eventually going back to phase 2. Common on some systems when upgrading is occurring to latest.

It is a given as technology progresses in these systems it isn't a matter of if but when a switch has occurred to higher level of latest system technology which has been said what is going to happen down the road.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
They could be using Dynamic Dual Mode.

"Dynamic Dual Mode, an optional feature, allows users to interoperate between P25 FDMA and P25 TDMA services. It is part of the call processing application and uses an advanced control channel that dynamically switches call assignments between FDMA and TDMA. Dynamic Dual Mode is seamless to users and requires no intervention from users or network operators. For example, if a user in an active P25 TDMA talkgroup call roams onto a P25 FDMA-only site, the system automatically initiates P25 FDMA mode at the next push-to-talk (PTT). Or if an active P25 TDMA talkgroup call is underway at a site and a P25 FDMA-only member of the talkgroup joins (or “affiliates”) with the call, the system automatically switches the call to P25 FDMA mode at the next PTT. The FDMA-only user is now included in the call, and the call switched without any user intervention or awareness."
Thanks for the very well-written, concise description, RIVER_5.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

RIVER_5

ÆS LØVER
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the very well-written, concise description, RIVER_5.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)
Wish I could take credit for that however, I found it on my Motorola drive folder. Figured it might help out some people here on the forums monitoring the system.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
:unsure: OK, now are you talking meaning that this is possibly Multi-Simulcast usage & Communications being used with the NMSP & possibly others switching & communicating on both P25 FDMA & P25 TDMA? If so, than it sounds like more & more NM Residents like me may need one of the new Uniden SDS Series Digital Scanners to help out with this.
I believe some of the sites in Albuquerque may already be using Linear Simulcast Modulation, while others are not. If that's so, you'll certainly want to consider the Uniden SDS-series scanners or Unication G-series pagers for simulcast transmissions.

On the other hand, older scanners, such as Uniden's BCD436HP and BCD325P2 and the Whistler TRX-1, are available that can already handle both Phase 1 (FDMA) and Phase 2 (TDMA).

Happy monitoring!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Wish I could take credit for that however, I found it on my Motorola drive folder. Figured it might help out some people here on the forums monitoring the system.
No problem, RIVER-5! As a former writer/editor, I sometimes worked with information that was so well-written it simply couldn't be improved.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)