New Mexico DTRS

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
I thought City Security is/was on its own TG on the PV system? Why aren’t we hearing that same TG and 14016 on P25 light up at the same time if that’s who it is?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I thought City Security is/was on its own TG on the PV system? Why aren’t we hearing that same TG and 14016 on P25 light up at the same time if that’s who it is?

There is a difference between having a group with 3,000 radios and nearly half being mobile radios that takes a bunch of time. This is why large groups were linked between the two systems. It isn't difficult to hand a small group new radios and take their EDACS radios for the swtich.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Ah that makes sense! I spoke with an APD officer the other day and he told me the new radios/system has way better coverage and range than the old. He said some of the vehicles in the fleet haven’t been upgraded yet and still have the EDACS. Lots of issues with the old radios still being on the system apparently. Plus the low volume user training issue not speaking close enough to the mic. Def allot more clear though. Happy to see Abq/Bern public safety getting the best systems and equipment.

andrew_m

Premium Subscriber
Yes, way better coverage. Just listened to a NMSP pursuit all the way to Moriarty and didn't skip a word.

NMPhillieFan

Chris, think you might be right. APD Dispatcher says will check “Citywide”all of the time for a PSA. Thought this was Citywide Tac but maybe not? I don’t hear any audio on the PV system and they don’t seem to switch to the City Tac Encrypted channel that I can tell. New channel maybe?

When they are checking citywide, it has nothing to do with the radio. They are checking all area commands for an available PSA....hence citywide.

NMPhillieFan

I thought CS*** was the APD Crime Scene Techs. They drive around in the crime scene vans and preserve/process evidence.

CS can be a bit confusing. CS units are indeed CSI units. They also just happen to be City Security with a different numbering scheme.

NMPhillieFan

Just to be clear on the CS units. City Security are the CS01-09, CS100, CS200....the rest are Crime Scene techs. You will usually hear city security on the Alarm channel handling EMS (32 Bravo) calls. They only request EMS when needed. Of course, Crime Scene techs can be heard on all APD airs.

NMPhillieFan

I also remember a post on the PRT units. This is the Problem Response Team. They go where needed. As far as I know, they operate off of the area command talkgroup where they are currently assigned. They mostly work within a specific "zone" in an area command where high crime has been reported, however they can help with priority one calls as needed. They can be out in many forms, bike patrol, UC, foot patrol, etc. They are big on community contacts.

ChrisABQ

Lot's of great info Kevin. New systems and call signs can be very confusing. Do you have an updated complete list of call signs for APD and BCSO?

NMPhillieFan

Lot's of great info Kevin. New systems and call signs can be very confusing. Do you have an updated complete list of call signs for APD and BCSO?
I do not have a "complete" list of APD's call signs. DP's have to look up a good number of them when they call on the radio! BCSO uses badge numbers....and on a side note, Rio Rancho PD uses man numbers. The call sign for BCSO and RRPD sticks with the officer throughout their career (or until promoted to a supervisory position) but APD's can change every shift bid.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Hello. All of the trunked sites that are on the air are in the DB. If you notice on the link you provided, the other sites are stand alone repeaters.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
VHF, trunked 700 and 700 conventional is here to stay for New Mexico. Many have the wrong idea itll replace it all. To the user it is all seamless as multiband is in all the units now. Where pheasable and most likely 700 trunked will be used. Vhf will still be used where needed and 700 repeated conv.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard if/and when the proposed sites on San Antonio Peak, and Touch Me Not might be implemented. These would be in Taos and Colfax counties. Thanks
I'm very curious too if there a plan for San Antonio Peak; does anyone know if it these would be 700 sites as well?

KE5ZBG

NMSAR
Feed Provider
Perhaps, though I wonder if an agreement to roam onto the existing DTRS site there might come first..